C/KU satellite locations findings?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

avenger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Slidell, Louisiana
:confused:Yeserday I desided to rescan my knowned satellites, because some of them were given me signal quality problem. I do not know if what I found is nomal or not.

I am using a DMX741 LNB, the 6' bargain dish, Gbox, and a Fortec Lifetime Ultra.

When I got to scan Galaxy3 (C) I was able to located it with Gbox as before, when I went to the Ku side I could not find it at the same location as the "C" side. Finally locked on the Ku side but it was off by 11 counts. Why is there difference in position count if both bands are located on the same satellite location?

My receiver's satellite list is antiquated, and it certainly doe not match the list from Lyngsat or Sathint.

Does anyone have good up to date Fortec Lifetime Ultra satellite list that is willing to share it with me, that will be greatly appreciated.

After reading the thread about the possible S9, S10 clones, I think that I will stick with my old trusty FLU.

re-read post and have to change my thought-- At first thought you were getting different TP's than what's listed. But if you're getting C and Ku 11 counts apart, on the same sat, I would tend to think that the dish may be warped, And/Or the feed is not square. Something causing getting C via a side-lobe and Ku at prime focus?

Last edited:
As soon as the backyard gets a little dry, I guess that an inspection is in order at the dish site. That idea did cross my mind, but now it makes more sense, it defenitely is odd to have to move the dish to see the different bands on the same satellite location.

Thanks for the reply.

stogie5150, I would not be surprised if that is part of the problem, we sure had a lot of strong winds lately specially yesterday. I think that the 6' dish special cannot take that much of punishment. Well I am going to give the backyard a few days to dry up a littlte, then will see what might be the problem.

Congratulation on your good furtune, two dishes at one time that is a good find. I am still looking around town, and part of the parish, to see if anyone is getting rid of their satillite dishes. I would be happy with just 7 1/2 foot dish, as you know my backyard has limited space.

Well buddy nice hearing from you.

stogie5150, I would not be surprised if that is part of the problem, we sure had a lot of strong winds lately specially yesterday. I think that the 6' dish special cannot take that much of punishment. Well I am going to give the backyard a few days to dry up a littlte, then will see what might be the problem.

Congratulation on your good furtune, two dishes at one time that is a good find. I am still looking around town, and part of the parish, to see if anyone is getting rid of their satillite dishes. I would be happy with just 7 1/2 foot dish, as you know my backyard has limited space.

Well buddy nice hearing from you.

I got a 10 footer not 500 yards from your house off Rue Rochelle. Wife of a buddy of mine is a real estate agent, and she has it in the yard of one of her houses. I haven't asked her to call the owner yet...but I will...LOL

Attachments

• dish.jpg
    dish.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
It sure is nice to know people that have connections. Well I for one am not that lucky. My bacKyard still mushy from all the rain we have had, and the mosquitos are a killer, they are very active even in daylight.

Well buddy have fun with you new dishes, and if you need help give me a call. Who knows I might even get some pointers on what to do by helping you.

Take care.

It sure is nice to know people that have connections. Well I for one am not that lucky. My bacKyard still mushy from all the rain we have had, and the mosquitos are a killer, they are very active even in daylight.

Well buddy have fun with you new dishes, and if you need help give me a call. Who knows I might even get some pointers on what to do by helping you.

Take care.

I'd give you that dish if I didn't need the mount for my 1.8 prodelin...LOL

I need to go see that jackhole in Quail Ridge that had that 7.5 that said he was gonna use it...we might be able to score that one for you.

I told you anytime you need anything or just want to BS, just call. :D

I must be going blind for I have not been able to locate the Quial Ridge dish that you mentioned, how well hidden is that dish, is it in plain sight.
Hell come to think of it, I did not even know that there was that ten footer next to my neighborhood.

Finally got a chance to cut the grass, it was beginning to look like a very wet jungle. Checked on the 6' bargain dish, and it seems not to be warpped, but still some fine tunning has to be done to it. I got to find out what is making the same c/ku satellites have different position count on the Gbox for the different satellite bands at the same orbit location.

When it rains it pours, even my OTA antenna went crazy this morning, while scanning for the news, I noticed that the antenna had dropped off half of the channels, specially the PBS channels , for the grandkids.

Take care, and don't overwork yourself with all those dishes, Ha,HA,

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts