C/Ku settings for receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Shicks4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 29, 2015
Kansas
I finally went and took my dads old dish down as i have started the process of selling his property recently. He had a C/Ku corotor on his dish. I know it worked when he lived there as he was a 4dtv subscriber. I tested the lnb's with my meter and they tested as working, but since i already bought a new norsat 5150f i changed the cband lnb out. on a side note I noticed that none of the corotors i have tested on my 10' unimesh will work with the deep scaler rings, and i mean at all, but if i put them in the scaler ring that came with the c1-pll they work fine. Is this normal? Now i know i need a DiSEqC switch to tie both the c and the ku lnb together. Im assuming I set for example the ku lnb as lnb one in the setup menu in my receiver and the c band as lnb 2. Also which DiSEqC protocol do i use as i can choose between 1.0 or 1.1. Also the ku lnb says it has 1075 LO so do i set the lnb as 10750 in the setup or something else. I only have used the universal type on my geosat pro dish so im kinda trying to figure this out. And finally should i need or want to replace the ku lnb what one should i purchase?

I already have the c-band side up and running on 99w and 97w and have picked up everything i was getting before at the same quality just wanting to see what i can get with the ku. Thanks in advance for the help.

Sounds like you are on the right track Shawn. It doesn't matter which LNB(f) you put on which input, either can be 1 or 2. Just as long as you remember when it is time to set up things in your receiver.
Yes, set the Ku for 10750 and C for 5150 as you know. Then set the proper port for each in the DiSEqC settings. Now as far as 1.0 or 1.1 this will depend on which switch you purchase. All you need is a 1.0 4X1 for this application. This way you will have two extra ports for future use. You can get 1.1 8x1 and 16x1, etc, but no need for that now. This one I have works great and I have had great success with it:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...Name=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Well i managed to get some ku scanned in. Im pretty sure the ku lnb is drifting as the tp numbers are way off what they should be. Not sure if i need to fine tune dish or if there is an issue with the lnb but its kinda dropping signal a little and pixilating some. c-band works great. well on horizontal anyways. cant wait to get that asc-1 hooked up so i can really see whats out there with less frustration. Pretty sure the H-1 is on its last leg as it now wont move the dish east when you push the button anymore. ill probably crack the case open after i install the asc-1 and have a look inside. if i can repair it it would be kinda handy to have around. Pretty sure I screwed up last weekend when i was tweeking my dish and adjusted the declination instead of the elevation while fine tuning 97w because i lost 135w. I figure ill give it another go after the asc-1 is installed. what would be a decent lnb to replace this ku lnb that wont make me cry when i buy it lol?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)