C-SPAN 2 (C4-19) has left analog

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Aguilobo2001

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 13, 2005
19.32N 99.13W
Just for the record, C-SPAN 2 on AMC 10 (C4-19) has left analog. We're down to 12 full time analog signals.

G4-16 Shepherd's Chappel
W4-16 PBS-X
G5-09 ESPN (VC2, not available to us)
G5-14 ESPN2 (VC2, not available to us)
C3-07 C-SPAN
C3-13 The Weather Channel (VC2, not available to us)
G1-05 ARTS
G1-11 EWTN
G1-12 Shop NBC
G1-17 INSP
C4-09 QVC
C4-10 HSN

I would have to think QVC, HSN, Classic Arts and Jewelry Television are next to leave since they already have digital feeds ready to go if they ever decide to pull their analog.

Jewelry TV has already dropped analog. They have HD and SD signals on Galaxy 23.

was that in the last couple of weeks? I went over that transponder in early September and it was analog with the SD digital. I knew the HD was around awhile ago but then left and analog came back.

Just for the record, C-SPAN 2 on AMC 10 (C4-19) has left analog. We're down to 12 full time analog signals.

I don't watch any of them on a regular basis anyway. But, it would be nice to have an ITC analog feed on every sat - helps to ID the satellite. :)

As for VC2, I still have mine. I guess it's time to throw it into the trash (er, I mean recylcers)?

I am saddened that I can no longer watch a bunch of educated crazy people who are on recess from the mental asylum argue over political problems that they created in their heads trying to reconcile. LOL

Shopping networks in HD....what a waste LOL maybe they could sell that wasted bandwidth to the pizza pan people ha ha

It's not a waste at all. When I found HSN HD the other week, I was blown away how much better the jewelry crap looked in HD compared to SD (and I did comparisons for a few minutes between the HD and SD feed quality). I then called up my dad and told him to immediately lock up the checkbook/credit cards and change the bank account PINs because HSN HD had launched. ;)

The shopping channel HD services are actually great for DBS providers, too, in a couple of ways.

Shopping networks in HD....what a waste LOL maybe they could sell that wasted bandwidth to the pizza pan people ha ha

Everyone wants to be in HD now. Most content on tv nowadays, HD or SD is a joke anyway. With Pizza or Cable your paying a tall monthly ticket for that packaged crap. !sadroll

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts