C-Span Analog - Thanks to a fellow Hobbyist.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
Well, MUCH thanks to an unnamed satellite hobbyist, who gave me an old KLM Sky Eye X analog receiver. This receiver is OLD SCHOOL. Two radio dials. One for Video, one for Audio - Way too cool. I dialed my way to my first Analog signal since 1997.

:happydance

s-l225.jpg

Last edited:
And the PQ kicks ass don't it? :D

In that posted pic, yes. On my own analog receiver, an occasional sparklie. Maybe I need to fine tune the frequency and bandwidth, etc. to shake out the last sparklie.

I still prefer digital - if all's going right, it's as clear and vibrant and sharp on my monitor as it is in the uplink truck or facility.

BTW, i love that screen grab - a health insurance act committee hearing and the guy in the right-side background is wearing a paranoia mask! ;)

Reactions: chaskuchar
BTW, i love that screen grab - a health insurance act committee hearing and the guy in the right-side background is wearing a paranoia mask! ;)

Yea, well, it looks like the guy to his left is plugging his nose, so maybe there is a theme in play. :confused:

Powerball is still analog on Wed and sat nights on G19 Tr 23.
Keep us posted if you find anything else.
Infomercials were on G16 last fall..no idea if still there

What time? and Horizontal or Vertical?

about 10;59pm ET. right before local news on the east coast. Polarity with analog doesn't really matter unless you have digital receiver controlling the analog. It's vertical tr 23 - 4160 MHz in the digital world.

Hmm, that's usually past my bed time. But, i might tune it in 'just because'. So, it would be on tonight? right? Yea, i use my Digital receiver to turn to the satellite and then through the loop, i can Grab Analog and DCII signals.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)