C-Span HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
the only show on Fox News in HD is the morning show. (not that anyone actually WANTS to see Bill O'Reilly's crome dome in HD). nothing on Fox Business is in HD. everything else on both channels have the "Fox HD Wing" with extra text taking up about a fourth of the picture. CNBC HD+ is the same way but theres even more text. NFL Network HD and ESPNews HD do it too. I guess its better than stretching though.
Not true at all.

Also, that HD wing is no longer used on FNC HD

Anything is better than stretching; I do agree with your there.

turn on FNC HD right now, the wing IS there (this show is NOT in full HD, its upconverted SD.)
Yep...The wing is there. I never watch TV in the morning. I know they got rid of it for their evening shows, like O'Reilly. They just use the side bars now on his show

Ok, I will willingly admit to being a "conservative", and I recognize that Fox has its bias and MSNBC has its bias. Now I am fine with that, and don't mind getting different points of views, particularly on editorial or discussion format shows. However, it is MSNBC's antics like using Keith Olbermann to host debates this past fall that really made me sick. There should be an actual reporter, with represntative character on both sides. My point is that the news shouldn't be editorialized as it is reported; seperate reporting the news, then editorializing.

MSNBCdebate.jpg

Ok, I will willingly admit to being a "conservative", and I recognize that Fox has its bias and MSNBC has its bias. Now I am fine with that, and don't mind getting different points of views, particularly on editorial or discussion format shows. However, it is MSNBC's antics like using Keith Olbermann to host debates this past fall that really made me sick. There should be an actual reporter, with represntative character on both sides. My point is that the news shouldn't be editorialized as it is reported; seperate reporting the news, then editorializing.

You acknowledged the bias of MSNBC and FOXN and are fine with both viewpoints, but are upset with one of MSNBC's anchors hosting a Democratic Debate?

It's not like he was the moderator. He just shared his thoughts prior to and after the debates. No biggie.

if they just reported the news itd get pretty boring after a while. they have an hour or 2 or 3 to kill so they start voicing their opinions or bring in guests who aren't afraid to do so. CNN, MSNBC and FNC all do it. it makes for good TV.

You acknowledged the bias of MSNBC and FOXN and are fine with both viewpoints, but are upset with one of MSNBC's anchors hosting a Democratic Debate?

It's not like he was the moderator. He just shared his thoughts prior to and after the debates. No biggie.

But they didn't even try to have some "fair" reporter there... They were kinda like, "Oh, screw it... We can't get any of our anchors to do this, so just put Keith out there..." It's would be like an NFL sportscaster cheering on one team; it is unprofessional and annoying. Save the commentary for after the newsworthy event.

actually Olberman's old job was the anchor on ESPN SportsCenter, so alot of people claim he's unqualified. He's currently hosts the Sunday Night Football pre-game show on NBC too. I think he's funny though, alot of reporters are too serious and uptight and they get really boring after a while.

and speaking of sportscasting, if you listen to the local game radio broadcasts or watch a game on an RSN the announcers clearly "root for" their team to win. I prefer it to national broadcasts, they want my team to win just as much as i do. they often dub radio audio over alot of NFL highlights on the sports channels, cuz the FOX / CBS announcers dont really care, theyre just doing their job.

But they didn't even try to have some "fair" reporter there... They were kinda like, "Oh, screw it... We can't get any of our anchors to do this, so just put Keith out there..." It's would be like an NFL sportscaster cheering on one team; it is unprofessional and annoying. Save the commentary for after the newsworthy event.

But isn't that the gig for MSNBC and FOXN? This is expected. You said it yourself in the prior post. You are contradicting yourself here.

But isn't that the gig for MSNBC and FOXN? This is expected. You said it yourself in the prior post. You are contradicting yourself here.

No, I don't think you understand what I am trying to say. There are shows that report news on both of those networks. Those shows should just report the news, no leaning to one side or the other as much as possible. Then, there are editorial shows with the pundits from both sides shoveling their opinion. Depending on the network, you should get a different point of view. Those shows are fine too.

My point is that MSNBC mingles the two types of news casting a bit too much for my taste. They will have their pundits "reporting" the news or covering massively important events; that is just inappropriate. I am sure that Fox has probably done this before too, but I think MSNBC has done it far more often (and was heavily criticized for it this past election season).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)