C61K client connection reset?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

wolfievtec

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 27, 2011
I have a Genie HR-54 running 2 C61K clients. The genie works fine but the 2 clients have a “stutter” issue when changing DVR programs or changing channels. If I switch between DVR programs or switch channels I get a black screen flash a few seconds before it stays tuned in. I have tried all the settings I can think of, turn native on / off, etc. is there a way to remove a client and re-establish the connection with the PIN? Any ideas? Thanks!

Sometimes hitting the back button removes stuttering issues. Try that. The black screen may be the tv trying to resolve a resolution issue. Not sure what you can do to fix that. I've heard that turning off the native setting helps, but you tried that.

Sometimes hitting the back button removes stuttering issues. Try that. The black screen may be the tv trying to resolve a resolution issue. Not sure what you can do to fix that. I've heard that turning off the native setting helps, but you tried that.

It seems to be just the client boxes. It does the same thing on 2 different brand TVs. Checked native settings... I guess it’s just how it is. Very annoying...

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

It's just how it is? It's been going on for quite awhile now. In June I was told it was a software issue and would be fixed by the end of July. Nope. Then I was told it would be fixed by the end of August. Nope. I guess I should have asked if they meant 2018. Hitting the back or the pause button fixes it temporarily but still repeats itself several times a day. Tech came out and replaced the HS17, because they told him to. He said the whole problem was with the c61k, that it was very buggy, that he tries to talk new install customers out of it. Appears that he was correct

It's just how it is? It's been going on for quite awhile now. In June I was told it was a software issue and would be fixed by the end of July. Nope. Then I was told it would be fixed by the end of August. Nope. I guess I should have asked if they meant 2018. Hitting the back or the pause button fixes it temporarily but still repeats itself several times a day. Tech came out and replaced the HS17, because they told him to. He said the whole problem was with the c61k, that it was very buggy, that he tries to talk new install customers out of it. Appears that he was correct
Who was it that told you dates that something would be fixed ?
Never believe a CSR as they just know what they are told and the script they are given.

The Techs get a little more info ... not much .... I can easily walk into the Techs garage and ask about stuff they have no clue about.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)