Cable better picture than dish?

The Tate said:
your saying they have RG59 from the pole to your house:what
I can believe it. Charter is the Cable TV provider here. The only reason I have RG6 is because I intentionally cut the line down by dropping a tree limb on it because they refused to replace it.

I even had HSI and there SOP's called for replacing the line if it wasn't flooded RG6.

So your mileage with either company will vary.

You get 72 hours of buyer's remorse on many things. Cars, windows for your house, cell phones, HDTVs, and much more. Most states have laws that provide 3 days to change your mind, as a protection against pushy salespeople who prey upon easy marks.

Hmm,
I find that analog SD (weather OTA or cable), is often better then Dish digital locals. WAY too much compression on the Dish side. Depends on if you have a good analog source.

Dish's picture quality is much better than cable here, but the picture quality is not the main reason for going with Dish. I went to Dish from Cable because of their lack of customer service. We were 40 miles from the Landers 7.2 quake in 1992 and our cable service was out for 3 or more days due to a broken line between here and Redlands - about 10 miles away. Our little city was way at the bottom of the cable company's priority list.

There was little radio coverage of the event but the LA TV stations were really on top of it, but I couldn't get the broadcast due to no cable. Right after the quake I put up an old CM antenna and vowed to dump cable as soon as I could. I got Dish in 1999 and haven't even looked at cable since, and judging by the number of Direct TV and Dish Network dishs in the neighborhood cable has very little customer base here.

Charter's was a POS. Every time they would run a decent movie like Shrek or iRobot there would be pixelation galore and sound interrruptions. I checked and the complaint is consistent in other Charter areas too, as several users on www.avsforum.com have mentioned.

Love Dish. Besides i get 16 as opposed to 5 channnels, and my bill is significantly lower now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)