Cable High Cost Reduction in Southern New Mexico

daveh505@comcast.net

SatelliteGuys Family
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 18, 2008
Las Cruces NM
I want to pass on some info about the high cost of cable in the Southern NEW Mexico area.
Our Comcast cable bill is nearly $150 a month for 6MB download internet and the lowest tier for HD. Its been a sore point for quite a while because I am the Vidiot and my wife could care less about TV in any form. She reads A LOT but will watch TV if I do.
I also finally got tired of the high cost and the potential for going higher which we were informed of in our last bill.
We have 4 LCD TVs that has all three enternal tuners: analog, HD and QAM. Two (2) 19" have DTAs, One (1) 46" has the HD DVR and One (1) 19" has no DTA.
The stand alone TV (no DTA) belongs to my wife that is in her sewing room which she only watch DVDs and Internet streaming sewing shows. When we first singned up at Comcast, we got a SD STB so see could watch NGO (Dog Whisperer). She no longer watches it so I unhooked the SD STB and stored it on a shelf. I was in the act of returning the SD STB at the Comcast store and was standing in line when a person from behind a desk asked me to sit down and she would take care of what I needed.
I explained to her that we were retired and that the high cost was forcing us to go to Dish or nothing at all. After I told her this she said "let me see what I can do".
My bill starting yesterday will be $60 less for the first 6 months ($90) and $40 less ($109) the next 6 months. All this is locked in with no increases for the next year.
This is FYI and I do not know how she structured it but I did get the costs in writing that both of us signed.
Sorry about the length.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts