Cable internet and Dish Tv

parag3877

Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
Hi,

I am using Dish Tv for international programs and I have cabel internet. Right now I have cable internet coming through internal wiring while Dish is connected from outside. Can I use a splitter or diplexer of some sort to be able to have 2 inputs into the receiver of internal wiring? I want to put TV in bedroom and my Kids room and don't want to run external wire in 3 different rooms. Your help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You need to find out what channel the cable is broadcasting the internet it carries is. Then go here Cable TV Channel Frequencies to find out the frequency of that channel. You will then need a diplexers that can handle that frequency. Diplexers work basically the same as splitters just allowing one side for power pass and a higher freq than most splitter, so more than likely it will work. Most are set up for 5 to 860 MHZ on the TV side so that should cover any cable channel.

Attempting to get Dish TV and Internet Cable in the same room

New user here but my problem is similar, I have had Dish T.V. for 6 years and just moved to a new residence and decided to get cable internet. My Dish was working fine in my office until I had the Cable internet installed. Guess I can not have both through the same out-let/line. Could intalling a new line/outlet in this room reslove this situation or is there any other route that could be taken and which of the servies do I call to have that work done? I have called both Dish and Cable Company both seem so busy blaming the other for the interrpution in service they don't even hear me saying just help me fix the problem. I first tried getting DSL through the local phone company and that was a real comedy of errors. As I am sure you can tell I am real novice at all of this and extremely frustrated at this point so I am just looking for an answer as to how resolve the issue or even if it can be resloved
Thanks for the ear

New user here but my problem is similar, I have had Dish T.V. for 6 years and just moved to a new residence and decided to get cable internet. My Dish was working fine in my office until I had the Cable internet installed. Guess I can not have both through the same out-let/line. Could intalling a new line/outlet in this room reslove this situation or is there any other route that could be taken and which of the servies do I call to have that work done? I have called both Dish and Cable Company both seem so busy blaming the other for the interrpution in service they don't even hear me saying just help me fix the problem. I first tried getting DSL through the local phone company and that was a real comedy of errors. As I am sure you can tell I am real novice at all of this and extremely frustrated at this point so I am just looking for an answer as to how resolve the issue or even if it can be resloved
Thanks for the ear

Sounds to me that the Cable company stole Dishes line that was being used for your TV, rather than running their own new cable. Your cable installer was lazy.

You have to have a separate cable for Dish and Cable internet. The cable company should come fix your system for free. They screwed it up. If they fight you, provide them a record showing how long you have had Dish Network.

The local cable company in my area tries to pull this crap all the time... deinstalling parts of our system so they don't have to do their job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)