cable lenght from switch?

all4jo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
Haiti and lexington ky
hey guys i have a receiver thats at least 250 feet from the switch. ived been noticing that the signal is very weak . could i run rg11 cable instead? to make the signal stronger at that receiver?
thanks

hey guys i have a receiver thats at least 250 feet from the switch. ived been noticing that the signal is very weak . could i run rg11 cable instead? to make the signal stronger at that receiver?
thanks
an inline amplifier. Please consult any of the many fine sponsors here on satelliteguys.us

Re-tune your dish before you do anything, 250ft shouldn't cause a low single even with dpp.
yes, that he can try. In the Dish installer manual it is stated that the recommended max distance from Dish to the first receiver is 200ft.

ON the rare occasions when we run into this, we do sell and use in line amps.
We do this to avoid the inevtible trouble call AND since the amp brings the job into spec, we don't get burned for a non pay service call.

yes, that he can try. In the Dish installer manual it is stated that the recommended max distance from Dish to the first receiver is 200ft.

ON the rare occasions when we run into this, we do sell and use in line amps.
We do this to avoid the inevtible trouble call AND since the amp brings the job into spec, we don't get burned for a non pay service call.

Indeed.

Every 200 feet with a DPP set up ought to have an inline amplifier. Not 250 as the OP had stated.

I thought for a moment this was going to be a problem with an sw-42 switch having differing cable lengths causing false signal loss. Hmm, sometimes I jump to conclusions.

thanks
Which receiver are you using?
Because the max length without an amplifier is 100' with Legacy receviers and 200' with DishPro recievers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)