CableCard 2.0?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Shredder

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 2, 2006
My father wanted the Cable Card and to ditch the box along with it. The cable guy told him that they arn't very reliable, but he didn't want to listen. So, it got installed, HBO froze every time. A few weeks later, Cable guy came out, switched it, and this one is better, but the Video still gets pixelated.

He's down there watching Soprano's, and is starting to get ticked at it happening so often, so he decided to switch to our upstairs 17" TV...He's not into technology, and apparently forgets each time I remind him what the Cable Guy said...

Anyone know when Cablecard 2.0 is coming? I'm hoping the picture resolution is more stable with this release..If not, I'm going to bar him from the Plasma downstairs if he keeps on asking me why the picture goes in and out..

Hopefully Cablevision will have Cablecard 2.0 available when the Series 3 Tivo comes out in the Fall. Otherwise you will need 2 cable cards going to the Series 3 Tivo.

The cable guy told him that they arn't very reliable

I dont know much about Cablecard technology BUT If Cablecards arent that reliable then why is Tivo coming out with the Series 3 that supports cablecards ???

It's my understanding that CableCard 2, the interactive two way cablecard, is no where near production. They haven't even finalized the specs, and can't seem to agree on anything. I think they're a lot closer to arguing over the shape of the table they'll sit at to discuss the matter, than they are to making any decisions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)