Cable's fiber to the home plan is well underway

SideFx

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
Cable's fiber to the home plan is well underway - Engadget HD

The above is a posting on EngadgetHD blog about Cable bringing fiber directly to the home in a way similar to Verizon and is FiOS product.

What, if anything is BHN doing similar to this?

Cable prides itself in being the leader in its area of expertise, but anyone in an area where FiOS is available you see people switching and ditching their cable. Forget the other cable providers, what is BHN doing to keep and stay on top as the leader in this area of tv, internet and of course phone service?

Fiber to the curb

If you cant plug the fiber into the tv or equipment, why would you waste the money replacing thousands of miles of existing fiber?

The current plant stops at a fiber optic node not far from your home. Why should fiber be run onto your property if it can be easily damaged or severed.......explain what exactly you are missing without fiber this very second and how you have lived without it since the early 90's.

I guess the real question is why haven't you provided the means for the MSO's to update their cable plant with the the full potential of fiber? Go FIOS and do us all a favor

Last edited:
Wow, I think that was the biggest negative I have seen about the cable companies NEED to run fiber to the home.

I guess the real question is why haven't you provided the means for the MSO's to update their cable plant with the the full potential of fiber? Go FIOS and do us all a favor

Why so bitter about fiber to home?