Cablevision Disavows Dolan and Dish Offers No Aid

dragon002 said:
the FCC will ok the deal for the sat, don't even think they wont, they have to protect 100 times the subs on ergens sat at 61.5 than protect a mere 46000 at that location for voom.
I'm sorry but you lost me there. How in any way shape or form would approving or denying the sale "PROTECTING" ergans customers? If they allow it then maybe ergans sub's get some more channels but hurts all us meger 46000 Voom subs you seem to feel don't count & if the FCC does deny the sale it in no way hurts ergans ppl as they still have what they had before contemplation of buying the Sat by Ergan but would also sort of protect those of us who are using Voom.

bratboy said:
I'm sorry but you lost me there. How in any way shape or form would approving or denying the sale "PROTECTING" ergans customers? If they allow it then maybe ergans sub's get some more channels but hurts all us meger 46000 Voom subs you seem to feel don't count & if the FCC does deny the sale it in no way hurts ergans ppl as they still have what they had before contemplation of buying the Sat by Ergan but would also sort of protect those of us who are using Voom.

brat,

L>I>S>T>E>N ergens sat at 61.5 is self destructing, it has anomalies as they say, that is why he wants to buy the one cvc owns at the same location. notice i said cvc owns it , not voom. how many subs are on ergens sat??? at that location??? ill bet you more than 46000, correct.so who will the fcc protect, the 46000 voomers or the millions that echostar has. and will they side (bite my lip off) with a proven company or a startup that shows no promise??

that is my point

justalurker said:
E* alone is in 10% of TV households (D* 13%, SkyAngel 0.9%, Voom 0.0004%).
A small correction: VOOM is in 0.04% households, not 0.0004%.
Just to set the record straight ;)

ksload said:
It should make sense that the FCC require Charlie to take on Voom's customers if they approve the satellite sale. He should be required to show how he would transition the Voom customers into the fold by continuing the HD content.

I have no interest whatsoever in being taken on as an E* customer. I left DISH due to their last place postion in HD, their buggy equipment, and the rising prices for having a dozen shopping channels. If Voom goes dark it will be OTA or cable.

Amphicar770 said:
I have no interest whatsoever in being taken on as an E* customer. I left DISH due to their last place postion in HD, their buggy equipment, and the rising prices for having a dozen shopping channels. If Voom goes dark it will be OTA or cable.

Hopefully this won't happen but the same goes for me, unless E* can provide voOms content. I will not give my money to Rupert Murdoch out of principle, so D* is out of the question for me as well. My only option is going back to Comcast which is a very, very depressing thought :no

Dragon, honestly your not worth my time to respond to much more so this will most likely be the last time I ackowledge your existance and you can save yourself time by not responding to me. Of all the thread posts Ive seen here you are about the most negitive anti-Voom person Ive ever read/met which begs the question why do you even post here if you hate it soo much.

Anyway, the simple truth is no one, not me not you or anyone else for that matter knows for sure what FCC will do till they do it. They have made both good and bonehead decisions in the past so I see no way to predict what the outcome will be. You have your opinions, whether they suck or not, and so do I (same applies to mine) and thats all there is to it. I still think you need to ask yourself why you come to a forum group dedicated to Voom to spout AntiVoom stuff. Its about as lame & pointless as when an ATI or Nvidia user logs into the other brands boards and starts spouting stuff. As far as I can tell you have not managed to get one voom person to drop service over your negativity and I doubt you will in future either. Either way have a good life, Im gonna improve my view of forums by removing you from my view. At least then you will have one less person to nag/bother. Buh-bye :wave

Amphicar770 said:

I think that would kind of put E in first place wouldnt it? The bugy equipment aint as bad as many make it sound and I'm enjoying a show right now recorded on my HD DVR and yourself? :rolleyes:

bratboi,

i do believe this site is a place for all comments pro and con for all voom issues. if it is a voom advertising site it should declare itself as such. until then i will speak as a dbs tech, dont like it dont listen

dragon002 said:
nayl,

you keep saying rca price drops this fall, rca price drops this fall, over and over voom doesn't have that much time to bargain with. don't you see what is happening?? dolan flying to denver to beg ergen to cancel the deal and ergen is not going to cancel squat. his interests lie with echostar as they should. the FCC will ok the deal for the sat, don't even think they wont, they have to protect 100 times the subs on ergens sat at 61.5 than protect a mere 46000 at that location for voom. and if dolan even thought the fcc would not ok the sale, he would not have been begging ergen for mercy.
i bet old rupert is sitting back laughing his a** off right now

sorry about being blunt

dragon

ps rca wasn't founded by ge, get the brain in gear before typing

Well thats problems for people bigger than me and bigger than you to worry about mr.dbs tech man :p I am still watching t.v. atm and as you said do not have any doubt that ergen will get 61.5 and perhaps your right ,but do not have any doubt Dolan is serious about keeping Voom alive and alot of ppl have betted against that and him in past and had to eat there words.

Amphicar770 said:
I left DISH due to their last place postion in HD, their buggy equipment, and the rising prices for having a dozen shopping channels. If Voom goes dark it will be OTA or cable.

Don't you have somewhat similar issues with V*'s equip issues and paying more for channels that others offer on lower packages like Discovery? The only thing you really get out of V* is the HD (not that that's not important to any of us or anything).

dragon002 said:
bratboi,

i do believe this site is a place for all comments pro and con for all voom issues. if it is a voom advertising site it should declare itself as such. until then i will speak as a dbs tech, dont like it dont listen

Of course you are welcome to speak, but what is this "as a dbs tech"? You seem to be addressing not technical issues with Voom, which would presumably be your expertise (although my last Dish tech didn't know his left from his right :D ), but financial and regulatory matters. If these were in your field of expertise, you probably wouldn't be a "dbs tech" :shocked

The bottom line is, Voom is a newcomer, but it does have a better product than the competition. Hopefully it will survive long enough for the market to realize this (right now most don't know it exists). As far as the FCC, just sit and wait - we'll know soon enough.

Until then, and hopefuly after, I am enjoying my Voom (much, much more than I ever did Dish) :lick

GreatMac said:
The bottom line is, Voom is a newcomer, but it does have a better product than the competition. Hopefully it will survive long enough for the market to realize this (right now most don't know it exists). As far as the FCC, just sit and wait - we'll know soon enough.

Until then, and hopefuly after, I am enjoying my Voom :lick
Amen to that :D

GreatMac said:
Of course you are welcome to speak, but what is this "as a dbs tech"? You seem to be addressing not technical issues with Voom, which would presumably be your expertise (although my last Dish tech didn't know his left from his right :D ), but financial and regulatory matters. If these were in your field of expertise, you probably wouldn't be a "dbs tech" :shocked

Until then, and hopefuly after, I am enjoying my Voom (much, much more than I ever did Dish) :lick

ill bet you are enjoying it more than dish,, and that is REALLY saying a lot to me

voom is done, IMHO

i bleed directv blue!!!

its better than dish, great advertisement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"You have the ability to thereotically install your own with V* also."

No...you don't. In fact, if you want something as simple as a 2nd or 3rd box installed, unless there's a special deal running, you pay an install fee just for that.

I don't care that you don't know how to install/point a dish. I know that a lot of people don't. And for you, the best route is to hire a contractor to do it, OR buy the "kit" that guides you through the process.
Do you have any idea the millions of dollars VOOM has wasted on an incredibly inefficient install process? How many customers they've pissed off?
This is just one of the problems they have to fix, but believe me, they have to fix it. If it's this bad with this number of subs, think about double or triple that number of installs?

As for those that might be switching from someone else? If they're switching, it's because of programming, period. If they have to pay $100 to get a dish repointed, they will. And for those switching from another sat service, the install is even EASIER, because the cabling is already running from the roof into the house to their TV. Assuming they have a shot at the bird, they hook up the new rcvr and repoint...done.

Lob

no lobstah, half of mine were already shut off by dish and direct for non payment..have any clue how many are going to pay the bill with voom?? on the 19inch B&W portable in that trailer? NONE!! the churn is going to be un real this report period!!, they arent going for the pq,, they are trying to get a pic. great 1.00 install. and thanks from all the installing techs for the extra work, ill be back for the de install at $60.00 per

dragon002 said:
no lobstah, half of mine were already shut off by dish and direct for non payment..have any clue how many are going to pay the bill with voom?? on the 19inch B&W portable in that trailer? NONE!! the churn is going to be un real this report period!!, they arent going for the pq,, they are trying to get a pic. great 1.00 install. and thanks from all the installing techs for the extra work, ill be back for the de install at $60.00 per

Dude why not go somewhere else to post your banter like dtv or e forums why come here and troll looking to fight and aruge with ppl you do not like voom you want it to fail so shut up about it and go away until then.I am sure I am not the only one who is getting sick of listening to the garbage you spew and trust me if there was a way to ignore your banter on these forums I would.

I don't know but i can say i don't have that many de-install now a days yes in the beginning there was alot of deinstall but not any more i might have 2 a month if that
so think that alot of the talk is based on the begin when i come to de-installs

t

If I was running VOOM (which I am not) I would use a different company for the de-installs than I used for the installs. This would keep the installers and de-installers from ever knowing that there was a problem with churn (if there is one).

I don't have any problems installing the dishes, thats not the question. The question does an average consumer see the purpose in paying 100$ when they can go to D*, E*, or the cable for a free installation? Doubtful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts