Status
Not open for further replies.

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
SatBizNews FaxUpdate (1 April 2005): This just in and attached for your reading pleasure. "Dolan Departs Denver With No Deal - It now appears Dolan has few options but to shutdown VOOM as a DBS service."

Attachments

• 4-1-05FaxUPDATE By E-Mail.pdf
    33.3 KB · Views: 1,076
Dolan Expected to meet with Cablevision Board sometime today. "But some sources said they would not be surprised if Dolan continued to look for ways to save VOOM or even explore alternatives that leave VOOM as more of a HDTV programmer than a program distributor."

Does NOT look like good news! Come on VOOM use one of the 9 lives you have left!

The DBS freq are for exclusive use to as provider only.

Voomin@720p said:
Does NOT look like good news! Come on VOOM use one of the 9 lives you have left!

I think they have already used 6 or 7 of them, but I hope they continue.

GO VOOM!

philhu said:
I do not see why he cannot go to Rainbow2???

From the article...

...Since there are no other high-power DBS frequencies or satellites available to lease or buy and migrating Voom's 46,000 subscribers to a medium-power satellite is widely viewed as being overly expensive and cumbersome.

"VOOM Shutdown Could Be Announced As Early As Today" Or next week or next month or never. Old broken records dont scare me much.

I give little credibility to this article. Dolan and Ergen meet yesterday? Come on. Do you think that Ergen would receive Dolan after his petition to FCC? Dolan filed that petition for one reason: the negotiation with Ergen failed weeks ago.

Ronald_Jeremy said:
Sean,

It would only cost 5-10 million to move the dishes and replace the lnb.

That really isn't that much money when you consider the dollars we are talking.

I don't dispute those numbers. I was only quoting the reason the article published. I do not know how feasible it is financially or technically.

Walter L. said:
I give little credibility to this article. Dolan and Ergen meet yesterday? Come on. Do you think that Ergen would receive Dolan after his petition to FCC? Dolan filed that petition for one reason: the negotiation with Ergen failed weeks ago.

Chuck *was* in Denver yesterday according to many sources I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts