46,000 VOOM Subscribers As Of 2/28/2005 Reported

justalurker said:
The one operated by the proud new owner of Rainbow 1. :D

JL
I hate to be rude but aren't you tired of watching HDnet, HDmovies, TNT, DiscHD, EspnHD, 1 Showtime and 1 HBO. Inhd1 & 2 are much better alternatives to HDnet. Worse yet, don't you feel bad that your provider will never provide you with enough HD content to make it feasible to purchase their HD monitors or their new 942 receiver.

I wasted my money on a 6000 receiver years ago when Ergen promised to be the HD leader. Heck, my cable company offers 3x more HD channels than E*. Charlie said he is waiting for compelling content. Well isn't Cinemax HD, Starz HD, TMC HD, Universal HD, WealthTV-HD, Inhd1 & 2 plus the upcoming OLN-HD and Outdoor HD channels compeling enough? He will never live up to his promise of being the HD leader. At lease VOOM is a company that is on the cutting edge of HD delivery. And all you can do is try to continue to shoot holes in a company who may be the satellite leader in the years to come.

riffjim4069 said:
Glad to see you have your facts in order. We won't have to worry about service for another 9 months. :rolleyes:
Noted and fixed. Sorry for giving anyone hope. :D
kfried001 said:
At lease VOOM is a company that is on the cutting edge of HD delivery. And all you can do is try to continue to shoot holes in a company who may be the satellite leader in the years to come.
Nice old post dig there. It is important to remember that in order to be the leader they have to stay in business. Any signs that they will really pull that off?

JL

justalurker said:
I'm not worried. The Voom HD LLC petition to deny does give the FCC the excuses needed to deny the transfer, but E* and CV still have a chance to oppose that petition and C Dolan has opened himself and Cablevision up to a lawsuit by not cooperating with the sale. I'd "worry" more about C Dolan.

JL

I am sure that Charles Dolan had the advice of his attorney's before filing any such petition. I would think that a man who is worth 2 Billion Dollars has a complete staff of attorneys who know FCC LAW!! Many lawyers specialize in such representation with the FCC, and being in the business he has been in, I am sure he has some of the best legal counsel around. I am not saying that E* will not attempt to file a suit, but then again, exactly who do they file suit against.. C.Dolan, or VOOM HD LLC, a Limited Liability Co., which was the official entity that filed the petition. Sure C. Dolan signed the petition, but under the veil of VOOM HD LLC... E* must look at exactly what assets they may be able to go after if they do file a suit, and if it would even be worth their time and money.. After all, maybe C. Dolan just wants to delay the transaction as long as he can to generate more subs (I am of course just speculating). If he can delay this until January of 2006, who knows how many subs V* may have by then. It would give them time to do more testing and make plans to move the subs over to a different satellite, maybe Rainbow 2... I don't claim to know what is actually going on, and I don't think anyone here on these forums knows for sure what C. Dolan's exact plan is for VOOM HD LLC, and if they did, they probably would not be posting it here...

Just my $0.02 worth... :cool:

jbphoenix said:
I am not saying that E* will not attempt to file a suit, but then again, exactly who do they file suit against..
Cablevision and their Chairman Charles Dolan as a breach of contract.

I believe it will be moot anyways. C Dolan doesn't seem to be getting his financers lined up very quickly and is about to blow yet another agreed to deadline. He cannot extend forever.

JL

kfried001 said:
I hate to be rude but aren't you tired of watching HDnet, HDmovies, TNT, DiscHD, EspnHD, 1 Showtime and 1 HBO.
No.
kfried001 said:
I wasted my money on a 6000 receiver years ago when Ergen promised to be the HD leader.
I bought my 6000 as a "new" customer when I moved and got the entire package deal including the OTA mod for around $275. I bought this stb years before I even had a HD TV and used it on a computer monitor so I've got my money out of it and continue to do so as I watch more of the boring repetitive channels you listed above because they are razor sharp and continue to blow my socks off everytime I tune them in, whereas Voom is a major letdown. Whew! That was a long sentence. :p

I watch Dish 95% and Voom abut 5%, as I still am not happy with their PQ, and since I don't have a smaller screen to watch Voom on, I'd rather watch a nice picture. I think I need to purchase a 26" LCD widescreen TV so I can watch more Voom (at least until they get it right ;) ).

Voom is improving, I am not bashing them. I love the service but am not happy with the PQ so I don't watch it. The day will come when they are truely the HD leader and not just the HD quantity leader. :yes

jnardone said:
So the revenue from Rainbow DBS was greater than 5.3 million for quarter 4?
So the audited financials have been falsified? why? Jim Dolan would rather risk going to jail than admit VOOM gained a few subscribers?

If the revenue wasn't greater than 5.3 million and VOOM gained 20,000 subscribers in Q4 where did the money from these subscribers go?

If all the new subscribers were added between Q4 and today then why was there no strain on the VOOM system since they went from adding 2,000 to adding 10,000 subscribers per month virtualy overnight?

I became a sub because Voom had a promotion at BrandsMart........ $300 off the price of an HDTV if you subscribe for 6 months.... Couldnt offers like that show the way you are talking about.

shell5058 said:
I became a sub because Voom had a promotion at BrandsMart........ $300 off the price of an HDTV if you subscribe for 6 months.... Couldnt offers like that show the way you are talking about.

You are replying to a post from a month ago. The type of deal that you received was being offered in the 4th quarter of last year and it did not do much to increase the subscriber numbers. Why would you think that it has started working so well in just the past two months?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)