FaxUpdate April 6, 2005: Chuck Dolan Eyes More Time for VOOM

I want to hold you to that Guarantee. What are you willing to do or put up?

How in the hell can you "guarantee" that Voom will NOT be broadcasting on 4/31

If you can't substantiate it, it is a worthless comment

Rocker74 said:
I guarantee Voom will not be broadcasting on 4/31. ;)

People, there aren't 31 days in April. I think that is what this post is pointing out. It is hard to broadcast on a day that doesn't exist.

I can personally guarantee that Dish and Directv will not be broadcasting on 4/31 either:)

A great April FOOL Joke but, I have to admit, I was taken in. Didn't do my little monthly rhyme. lol.

That is too funny…

Alto101 said:
People, there aren't 31 days in April. I think that is what this post is pointing out. It is hard to broadcast on a day that doesn't exist.
Gutter, I guess you should be grateful Alto101 spilled the beans, before you had a chance to wager something… :D

Ignore him, he's just trying to piss all of us loyal VOOM subs.

It sounds like either VOOM is running on fumes and dying slowly or perhaps a financial agreement has been made and no announcement can be made until an approval at the upcoming board meeting. That's why they can not enter into any new agreements, because if it's voted down, then so goes VOOM. Bottom line here is that E* needs VOOMS HD channels to even compete with D* this summer. Once D* gets their HD service rolling this summer you can bet they will have some kind of deal for new subs. Think about the 50k of us and all the E* subs with HDTV's tempted with all those HD channels from D* and E* offering, what 6 channels in HD, after all, isn't that what we all want anyway? LONG LIVE VOOM :D

ptech said:
Bottom line here is that E* needs VOOMS HD channels to even compete with D* this summer. Once D* gets their HD service rolling this summer you can bet they will have some kind of deal for new subs. Think about the 50k of us and all the E* subs with HDTV's tempted with all those HD channels from D* and E* offering, what 6 channels in HD, after all, isn't that what we all want anyway? LONG LIVE VOOM :D

All D* will offer is the HD locals via satellite. What do you think the 1500 HD channels are? It will probably be the summer of 2008 before some will get any HD locals through D*.

I totally agree with you Bruce....that is THE part that scares the most if Voom disappears....we have to go back to one of the 'others' then a few months down the line, we get jacked for more $$$ just because either prices per sub goes up or because D* or E* added 2 measly channels...damn this stinks...!! At this point, we need miracle....

wnpublic said:
Pope Gregory :D

I'm hoping for Pope "Chuck" this time around.

You can relate to Chuck. Chuck is your buddy.

Pope Chuck will watch a ballgame with you.

r.jones1116 said:
All D* will offer is the HD locals via satellite. What do you think the 1500 HD channels are? It will probably be the summer of 2008 before some will get any HD locals through D*.

Check your stats again, it's 150 by this summer and 1500 by 2008 and yes, a lot of locals but other conversions as well. Lets just hope we can stay where we are right now having VOOM as our provider.

Walter...I have read it 3 times now...and with every time I read it...it almost makes perfect sense IF Chuck cannot get VOOM the sat service, then 'gimme VOOM the package with Adelphia and I team up with you James to go after Adelphia and I will drop the whole Voom issue infront of the board to show a unilateral front ...'

...maybe it's me, but in the end, to me it seems that Chuck want MORE HD in SOME form or another....

Alto101 said:

I can personally guarantee that Dish and Directv will not be broadcasting on 4/31 either:)

Sorry guys, I didn't mean to cause such an uproar. Just having a little fun with Sean's mistake.