FaxUpdate April 6, 2005: Chuck Dolan Eyes More Time for VOOM

The bid for Adelphia is to "divert attention from the Voom issue... or ... to stall the Board..." Huh?!?!?! What genius wrote this?!

This fax update on Voom really says absolutely nothing of substance. If I remember, these guys (SatBiz) have a lousy track record, at least on "the Voom issue".

Walter L. said:
Wow, that's WILD SPECULATION!!!

Very wild... I just wonder why he couldn't deploy the same on CVC? Is CVC so ignorant to not see that HD is the future. If they can deploy their own HD channels to CVC, it can only make them better unless they see it as a negative. I mean this will give them leverage once again as a programmer. Leverage that they are losing because of the Yankees, Mets (soon), & Nets have left their system. I do not see why they wouldn't even try to put it in their own system and need adelphia to put it there.

Wall Street puzzled by Cablevision's Adelphia bid
Posted by Dominic Basulto
It's anybody's guess what the Dolans are up to at Cablevision. First, there was the internecine struggle between Chuck Dolan and Jimmy Dolan over Voom. Then, there was the tiff with Mayor Bloomberg over the West Side stadium. Now, there's noise again from Cablevision's corner, this time related to the company's $16.5 billion all-cash bid for bankrupt cable operator Adelphia.

Pick a different Wall Street analyst, and you'll get a different explanation for the bid. Most likely, it has something to do with the company's ongoing squabble with Time Warner Cable. Anyway, investors don't approve -- on news of the Adelphia bid, shares of the company sank 3.5%, to close at $26.85 on Wednesday.

vurbano said:
Bandwidth problem?

Don't know the answer to that. They invested a lot of money in infrastructure in my neighborhood. At the same time, I do not know if the problem is bandwith. But from reading other posters, Adelphia does not seem to be the best out there.

Sean Mota said:
But from reading other posters, Adelphia does not seem to be the best out there.

From reading posts at AVS, some Adelphia subs get just about every HD channel and other areas barely get HD locals at least, it is the same for all the other cable companies, while I get great service from Comcast, someone else posted they only get 2 HD channels from Comcast where they are.

I know my specualtion was wild...but considering ALL the wacky stuff coming from CVC....is it really outta the realm of possibility? I mean really....at this juncture of the game that has been going on....ALL scenarios are possible and NOTHING is far fetched!

This thread really deflates one's courageous view that VOOM will survive as a satellite service. Go VOOM; may you live long and prosper as the sevice we have all grown so fond of having!!!!!!!!!! I'm bummed....

:what

bigmarkhd said:
ok thats a cool program vurbano but whats the professional engineer part?
Just an annoying image from danasoft.com ... some forums have banned 3rd party images because of those little signs scaring posters (especially forums where posters don't want to be identified). But fortunately the only person who sees YOUR sign with YOUR IP address is you.

Technically danasoft.com could log IPs but not be able to relate person to IP - so there is no real threat to privacy. And ANY image served from a third party server can log IP even if the image doesn't give the IP on the screen. But the sign does scare some people none the less.

As far as the 'professional engineer' part ... one can customize the sign to a certain extent.

JL

Remember they write the Fax the night before and send it out very very earl in the morning

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts