Cablevision service continues to deteriorate

fedupwithcablevision590

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 26, 2007
Having problems with all 3 services. Tests I've done online and on my cable box dont show signal level issues, but I am having quite a bit of packet loss.
The Optononline is just about useless while trying to upload full resolution photos (1-2MP each). Often gets stuck and hangs, then I have to reboot the modem. Often I'll be unable to load a webpage, then I have to unplug the modem (reboot) for the page to load.
The pixelation/audio stuttering issues with the TV are getting worse. They are just about a nightly occurance, usually between 8-10pm
Not to mention they never add any SD channels to the already pathetic lineup (no BBC America, no Fox Business, no Discovery Health,etc). OV gives me dropped calls every other night.
I cannot wait for the Verizon Fios to get here. My friend just a mile or two as the crow flies has had Fios for 2 years now, and have had no problems.
Cablevision has let their plant go to hell it seems. Never had these probs with pixelation and slow internet a year ago. It seems ever since they intoduced BOOST it has slowed down for the rest of us.
I love how they say "completely fiber-optic" on their commercails. Only the trunk lines to the towns are fiber-optic, the rest is plain ol' Coax. Verizon Fios is fiber-optic right to where its joined to the house!
With cable, the nearest fiber is 3/4 of a mile away from where I am. No wonder its slow!
When I plug my address into the Fios avail. it still says not available, but when I plug my town into the TV Line-up search (Westbury village) it shows up, so hopefully that means they are close.
This Optonline has become complete and utter garbage along with iO and OV.
Its annoying the Fios expansion moves so slowly, mainly due to buerocracy from cable commisions. I'd like to see these commisions abolished, they are an impediment to the free market.:mad:

With all the ranting you do on here id of thought youd have another provider by now. Because cable is obvioulsy not working out well with you.

Have you had techs come out to look at your problem?

I know of alot of customers who are completely satisfied with the triple play, and i know of people who are "fedupwithcablevision", if you havent had a technician come to your house to assess the problem, your obviously just in it to bitch cv out, just leave them already!

Tests I've done online and on my cable box dont show signal level issues, but I am having quite a bit of packet loss.

What tests of signal level are you doing from your cable box and with what tools? The diagnostics screen from the converters is not in depth enough to troubleshoot your issues.

Call Cablevision and have them send a tech. The techs can do a whole lot more than you would think.

I have had service here, things have improved somewhat, I didn't know what they did with the wire outside but the pixelation/net dropouts have been reduced significantly. Still doesn't bring me BBC America, DIY,etc though.
But when Fios comes here (whenever that is) I'll prob switch. A big issue for me is the lousy TV-SD lineup, and no one can "fix" that. I am baffled as to why Cablevision doesn't carry BBC America, they must be the only TV provider in the US that doesn't carry it.
Maybe when they finally drop analog signals they will have room for more channels? CV seems to only add HD content which I cannot watch because I have an SD set, and do not plan on getting a new TV.
I have an issue with the way Cablevision is managed, if I had Time Warner, Comcast I wouldn't even give Fios a thought. I have seen their TV lineups, they have way more SD channels and better free VOD too. In some cases I've heard Comcast has had better VOD than Fios!
Verizon though moves at a snails pace, actually a snail could roll out fiber faster than they do as there is still no Fios here in Westbury yet Jericho has had it for 2 years.
Makes me wonder how fast Verizon would be there when there's a problem....

? CV seems to only add HD content which I cannot watch because I have an SD set, and do not plan on getting a new TV.

You can still go to the walk in center and swap out your sd box for an hd box they have a coaxial out on the hd boxes, the box would convert the hd channels for you so you can watch them on a sd set

I have seen their TV lineups, they have way more SD channels and better free VOD too. In some cases I've heard Comcast has had better VOD than Fios!

Cablevision is adding to their free vod lineup, they just added amc vod and by the end of febuary they will have Discovery, TLC, Animal Planet, History Channel, food and travel channel vods.

You sound like you don't have choices. Choices you have and plenty. You can throw up an ariel antenna and get free to air channels but that wouldn't benefit you since you don't have an HDTV. You can get Direct Tv or Dish Network and get the channels you want and even more. Thiers always DSL for your internet and Vonage and a whole bunch of different VOIP providers. Don't wait and jump ship now.

So I can take my SA8300 and get an HD version which will convert the HD channels so I can watch them on my TV. Well that's pretty darn cool! The new VOD's sound good too. Hopefully CV is feeling the heat from Fios and it is forcing them to improve.

So I can take my SA8300 and get an HD version which will convert the HD channels so I can watch them on my TV. Well that's pretty darn cool!
yes you can I was telling a co-worker about this because he just had sd tvs and wanted the kung fu network so I told him to just swap out his box he did believe me that it would work, told him to just trust me as I had that on one of my tv. The next day he came in and thanked me because he was now able to get the additional channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts