Cablevision VS AT&T U-Verse

ericdo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 23, 2006
It looks like Cablevision will have competion in the Farfield County CT area. As of 8/31 we will be able to switch from Cablevision to AT&T. I do like Cablevision. Does anyone know how AT&T is and how do you think Cablevision will react. Hopefully they will slam us w/channels. AT&T HD does have a few that Cablevision needs. Please let me know your thoughts. I may switch or put it as an add on for now.

U-Verse has been available for a few months now as they've been rolling out service street by street in my area of Ffld county. You can search by street and zip code on their site to see if it's available in your neighborhood.

However, on U-Verse, unless they've changed their package since I last looked, you can only have 1 HD box.

Also, say goodbye to multiple feeds of the network stations, which is only a problem if you're into local news and college sports (UConn vs NY teams) and especially NFL football (Giants/Jets vs Pats).

That all said, AT&T just lost a court case with the state of CT over franchising: Judge: AT&T Needs Franchise in Connecticut - 7/26/2007 3:56:00 PM - Multichannel News

I'd hold off to see if CV is going to make any September line-up changes to compete with DirectTV.

Now on the other hand, if you have Charter and their pathetic HD line-up (like no ABC-HD), I'd strongly suggest giving U-Verse a try.

Uverse has been available to me for a few months now but I haven't switched and have no interest in doing so. While Uverse has a couple of channels that I would like that CV doesn't offer (HDNet, NFL) they also don't carry channels that CV does that are a must for me (MSG, Hartford Locals). The biggest reason I don't like Uverse is the fact that you can only get 1 HD channel at a time in your house. I have two HDTV's and with CV it's common that I will be recording two HD channels on the HD-DVR downstairs and watching a different HD show upstairs. You can't do that with Uverse. The other thing is AT&T's internet speed is a joke. In two or three years Uverse might improve but for now it not a consideration to me.

While I welcome the competition, I think we will benefit even more from the competition Verizon FIOS is giving them in NY & NJ and from Satellite HD additions.

Does U-Verse offer an alternative to CV? Yes.
Does U-Verse compete with CV? No.
IMHO, U-Verse does not compete with CableVision because U-Verse offers less, especially if you want HD. Do a dollar-for-dollar comparison between CV's Triple Play, and voice-data-TV from AT&T. CV wins.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts