SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
Stamford, CT
Cablevision warns of service disruptions

BY RICHARD J. DALTON JR. AND JAMES BERNSTEIN
Newsday Staff Writer

March 7, 2007, 12:45 PM EST

A message on Cablevision Systems Corp's phone line Wednesday morning warns that customers on Long Island may be experiencing service disruptions.

The messages suggests the possibility of a more widespread service disruption period. Typically, messages regarding service interruptions are centered around a few communities that may be having trouble.

Cablevision spokesman Charlie Schueler said: "A scheduled upgrade of system software in certain set-top boxes resulted in an interruption in television service for some customers on Long Island earlier today. The matter has been addressed and is being resolved and did not affect Internet or voice service."

Because the problem was caused by software in certain set-top boxes, the problem is not limited to particular communities.

Schueler didn't have further details.

Several callers to Newsday said their cable service went down as early as 3 a.m. Wednesday morning.

A person who answered the phone at Cablevision headquarters said there is a problem "throughout the system."

She said "not everybody" is experiencing the problem but "many people" are. She said the problems are expected to be resolved "sometime today."
Copyright 2007 Newsday Inc.

http://www.newsday.com/business/ny-bzcvc0308,0,3830679.story?track=rss

It was due to a software push to address the DST change that effected SA4200 cable boxes only. I believe NJ got it today and all was fine. I don't think we got it in CT yet, probably tonight.

We got it two nights ago actually in CT...I remember both of my 4200 boxes being turned off in the morning which only happens from software updates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts