No TV and no Beer make Adam go sumthin-sumthin

humm2k5

Original poster
Apr 25, 2006
Hey guys... a while back I asked for help and got a very quick and good response. Now I have another problem.

I had to replace my DVR box (optimum) and now I can't get cable. The screen says "Not authorized" it looks like we aren't paying for cable, but we are. I called cablevision, they said that a guy could be there by monday aftenoon. I wouldn't mind, I rarely watch TV on the weekends, but it took them 4 days from when we first called to show up.

Cablevision also said that it could be my TV... meaning it's not setup on Cable and may be the antenna but I don't see anything on my RCA TV in the options to change from antenna to cable.

I asked cablevision that it could just be something as simple of having the new cable box not being attached to the account. They said that when he was there he should have done that.

Unfortunately I didn't look at other channels than Channel 2 when he was here. I have an 8 month old who's sick and that was on my mind.

Any hints?

I'm also trying to set it up so that when I turn off my TV that it goes back to the alst channel I watched, but don't remember how to do that either.

Call cablevision back tell them you need a signal sent to your new box, also you can try to reboot it by pulling the power cord for 10-15 seconds and let it reboot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)