Cabling/ splitter question

Diversify

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 22, 2012
DC
I want to get 1 Hopper and 1 Joey. But I am worried about my current cabling in my apartment. I want to prevent new cabling if possible. I got two coax cables going into my house, but 3 outputs in the house. Somewhere behind the walls there must be a splitter, but I can not find where. I can just use one line outside for the host line and the other for the client. But one of them will be split up to a second output in the house. Will this create a problem?

Thanks in advance,

This should not be an issue. As long as the line to the hopper is straight through, and the joey line is the one with the splitter. You could just use a toner to see which line is straight.

This should not be an issue. As long as the line to the hopper is straight through, and the joey line is the one with the splitter. You could just use a toner to see which line is straight.

Thanks for your answer. Yeah, you are right about that, I didn't have to change to tone it yet. But I am afraid the splitter will be on where I like to have the hopper. And I am afraid that will be an issue.

Thanks for your answer. Yeah, you are right about that, I didn't have to change to tone it yet. But I am afraid the splitter will be on where I like to have the hopper. And I am afraid that will be an issue.

You could cross your fingers and hope that it is a power passing splitter, or possibly even a diplexer. Then you might be able to run the hopper right through it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)