Cabo San Lucas

prt328

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
Nomad
Does anyone know if Spot Beam 33 on 129 can be picked up in Cabo with a 6 foot dish? Specifically I am looking for the following channels:

6306 KABC (ABC 7)

6307 KCBS (CBS 2)

6308 KNBC (NBC 4)

6309 KTTV (FOX 11)

6310 KTLA (CW 5)

6311 KCAL (9)

I may move to LA if they do!

I checked that before I posted.....if you check the conus footprint for 119 and 129 it also reads "not a chance" but come in great.

I'll hope for an informed response rather than a guess.

I would have been happy to give you an "informed response", but not after your last post.

Not trying to pick fights here but "not a chance" sounded like a guess! There are lots of knowledgeable people on this board, and they have helped me out tremendously. With so many people on here, and many with service south of the border, I was hoping for something more like "I tried it and the spot doesn't reach" or "it works great". All I meant by "informed response" was someone who has actually tried it, not just relied on the maps.

Sorry if I ticked anybody off.

Not trying to pick fights here but "not a chance" sounded like a guess! There are lots of knowledgeable people on this board, and they have helped me out tremendously. With so many people on here, and many with service south of the border, I was hoping for something more like "I tried it and the spot doesn't reach" or "it works great". All I meant by "informed response" was someone who has actually tried it, not just relied on the maps.

Sorry if I ticked anybody off.

OK to further this a bit, Conus and Spot are just that. Conus probably would reach Cabo just fine. The Spot Beam you are alluding to may reach Ensenada. There is not a chance in hell that it reach all the way to the southern tip of Baja. The Bajas, Norte and Sur are 806 miles long as the crow flies. It's a spot beam for a reason.

I appreciate the response but AAD uses the 110 bird for HD and I can't get that. I currently have only 119 and 129 so I could get AAD for SD only and I'd have to pay them. What I was hoping is that the spot beam from LA would "spill" enough so a large (6') antennae could pick it up. Then it's only $5.99 for locals with Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)