Value numbers

Gbo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 30, 2009
North Carolina
I call in to dishnetwork earlier today because my recieve keeps rebooting (722) at odd times. The CSR had me look under system information and find Value 2, 4 and 7. What are these numbers?

Is there a way to look at the internal temps? I think my box might be getting a little too hot.

Sorry I am new to dish.

Thanks

I call in to dishnetwork earlier today because my recieve keeps rebooting (722) at odd times. The CSR had me look under system information and find Value 2, 4 and 7. What are these numbers?

Is there a way to look at the internal temps? I think my box might be getting a little too hot.

Sorry I am new to dish.

Thanks

If it's like my 625 you want to go into menu,system setup, diagnostics,counters,page up or down until you come to hard drive temperatures.

If it is too hot to lay your hand on it, it is too hot. If it is substantially hotter than the rest of your electronics, then it is too hot.

If you are asking about the heat/performance relationship, then it is probably too hot.

Add air circulation via cooling fan or different placement of the receiver.

Thanks. I found the Hard drive temp information and the avg was 114 but the max was 138. I know that te 138 is too hot for a hdd. I will try a fan. Thanks again

That is just the Hard Drive temperature. 138 degrees is fine for normal use, 195 degrees on the other hand starts permanently damaging circuit boards. You will get a better lifespan out of the receiver the cooler you keep it however.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)