"Calibration" procedure in Ratatoullie ??

bhelms

Retired & lovin' it!
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 26, 2006
Central PA
The last time I loaded Ratatoullie I got misdirected in the Set-up menu and stumbled into some kind of picture "calibration" procedure. It had several levels and in each one it would reproduce some kind of pattern on your screen and provide adjustment suggestions/options. I didn't take the time then to follow it all the way through but intend to return to it when I get a (proverbial) "round tuit".

I realize this is no substitute for a professional calibration, but it might be enlightening especially as to one's system limitations, and might enable some minor improvements.

Did anyone here take the time to step through that process on Ratatouille? What was the result and your impression? Does anything like this exist on other entertainment disks you have seen?

TIA and BRgds...

This is the THX calibration. It is on any disc that is THX certified. It's OK for general settings but not as good as having a professional calibration done.

S~

It's on a lot of Disney movies. I believe it calibrates your TV for the movie. Could be different for each movie. First time I saw it was on Pearl Harbor DVD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts