Calibration???

mraudit

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 11, 2006
Omaha, NE
What is this Calibration thing I have seen mentioned on here a few times?? I have a 50" Mits DLP that I have owened for over 2 years now and love it. Is this something I should look into to doing, or wait until I get a new TV?

Thanks,

Tim

It's basically getting your TV's settings right, and it's definitely worth doing. You can get it done by a professional, or do it yourself with a calibration disc such as Avia, Digital Video Essentials. The discs allow you to get the TV's settings right(Contrast, brightness, color, tint, sharpness).

Only you can answer whether it is worth it. However, you need to go search out a set that was calibrated by Greg Loewen or some other ISF certified technician. The difference is absolutely amazing and something you can't get by adjusting available controls. When Greg gets done you will have a picture that is absolutely the best the set can deliver.

I've tried to address economics three times now. The best bet is to go to Greg's site Lion Audio/Video Consultants Welcomes You! Home theater Calibration Video Audio Display ISF Imaging science foundation Training Education Consultation Setup Video Essentials Digital video essentials Avia Extron Ideal lume Cinemaquest Cable Sencore C3 and check it out. See if there is a certified calibrator in your area or a tour scheduled.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts