California Amplifier 5 LNB Dish Wanted

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

doctor J

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Oct 26, 2005
Can someone give me a retail source for the California Amplifier version of the
5 lnb dish. This is the one with regular F connectors between the main and side arm LNB's.
Thanks
Doctor j

The Andrews dish also uses standard connectors, but I can't give you a retail channel for those either.

In my opinion the WNC is a better dish, but it does use the clip on jumpers.

I have a extra cal-amp 5 LNB pack but I will not get lose it because I have had one fail and will not wait on protection plan to come replace it so I keep a extra one on hand (and the zinwell 8 output multiswitch) so I can be back up in minutes and trade the broken on to the tech when they make it out in 5 days. The tech said the cal-amp is not available at "retail" anywhere. Why don't you just have them replace the LNB unit?

Cal Amp 5 lnb dish

Success I hope. Thanks for the inputs.
They are hard to find but several phone calls and e-mails finally lead to a good source on e-bay.
I agree with the comments above but have a special "project" that I wanted to experiment with.
Since the Cal Amp version has F connectors between the main and side arm LNB housings ; a "Line of Site" issue might be addressed with 2 cal amp dishes and connect the side arm of dish 2 to the main LNB of Dish 1. I want to see how far apart they will work.
I've read that the old way of multiple round dishes will not work since the Ka signals are stacked in the main lnb housing. I haven't expeimented with the flex ports of a zinwell multiswitch.

Doctor j

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)