California's proposed ban on large TV's

If they worry about the electric needs of TV's, just wait till they force electric cars on us. How many large screen TV's need to be shut down, so we can drive our electric cars to work?

And daylight savings time is about to end. All those electric cars with their headlights on. Maybe electric cars will get mandated to have the Curly Que CFL bulbs for headlights.
nope theyll be mandated to have led lights everywhere .

And daylight savings time is about to end. All those electric cars with their headlights on. Maybe electric cars will get mandated to have the Curly Que CFL bulbs for headlights.

That is priceless :D
I can just picture waiting 10 minutes in the driveway for the lamps to get to full brightness.

Oh surely there will be a "hybrid" answer there as well. CFL light mixed with halogen light, and the ratio varied as the CFL output (or lack of) demands...!

So if its cold enough for the CFL lights not to work, how is the electric car's interior heated or windows defrosted? Certainly not with electric heaters. Maybe lead free gasoline heaters?

So there you are in your new nearly all electric car and dying from carbon monoxide from the leaky heater. But all is well because you have an under 40" TV saving electricity.

So if its cold enough for the CFL lights not to work, how is the electric car's interior heated or windows defrosted? Certainly not with electric heaters. Maybe lead free gasoline heaters?

Man, I hope not. My Dad had a VW beetle back in the early '60s that had the aux gas heater option. You could watch the gas gauge go down when it was running.

Electric vehicles have excess heat to dump, so that might not be a problem. Or they could use catalytic heaters, been sold for decades.

Remember when florescent tubes first came out? They had a warm up period before they actually lit off. Only later versions became, more or less, "instant on." Maybe there are a few more advances left in CFLs. But I kinda doubt it. I believe LEDs, then, fairly rapidly (maybe 10 years from now), OLEDs will dominate the market. The potential for cheap OLED lighting and displays is just too great.