Call from audit team

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gdarwin

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 9, 2005
Lousville, KY
Got a call from the audit team today... Call came in with a toll free caller id. I decided not to answer it. Turns out it was Dish calling to ask me to call back to "keep my service going"...

I checked out the call back number and found out it was the dreaded audit team number.

I could get to all but one of the receivers because it was in my sons room and he was asleep. So I decided to wait to call back.

Got ready to call back... Turned on all 5 receivers to get ready for the call. Called in and he asked what he could do for me. I explained I'm returning their call. He the asked me to set each receiver on channel 101. While doing this he thought I was taking too long. I explained I had 5 receivers spread out all through the house.

Started out with the 211's.... Read the receiver id, software version, etc, the the location id...

Both checked out. Then we went to the 922. He stated that the 922 was hooked to broadband it checked out OK. I asked him to check the 622 and 722. No problem.

He apologized for putting me through this and I responded that no one likes to go through this process. This was my first time yet I have read horror stories about an audit.

At the end he said it was the 211's not calling in. The 922, 722, and 622 are connected to broadband. The 211's have the phone line connection and both test as connected and working. Go figure...

Dish network thinks there Gestapo. I don't have them but if I did and got a call like that I'd tell them to come get their receivers and go to the competition.

In equipment fees alone your paying a hefty sum. I think it's a darn shame that a paying customer has to go through this at all regardless of what he may or may not be doing. You pay your bill that is all that should matter. I wonder how many good customers the auditors have actually ran off?

Dish network thinks there Gestapo. I don't have them but if I did and got a call like that I'd tell them to come get their receivers and go to the competition.

That is exactly what i am gonna do if I ever get there. I have a very short fuse when it comes to stuff like that and I'm innocent. I don't have to prove I'm innocent. You come and prove me wrong!

Concerning the paper utility bills: I went paperless.

In equipment fees alone your paying a hefty sum. I think it's a darn shame that a paying customer has to go through this at all regardless of what he may or may not be doing. You pay your bill that is all that should matter. I wonder how many good customers the auditors have actually ran off?

Agreed!

You pay $17 per month for an additional DVR, which is almost half of the cost of the basic package you would think they wouldn't need to call you.

Folks- there are too many competitors out there who want my business. Dish has it because they have a very nice DVR technology. Programming is the same everywhere. However, if the company ever tries to play that audit nonsense with me, I tell them to just disconnect the service if they choose and the reason for them losing a 12+ year customer account to the competition is because of how this employee at Dish Network insulted me. DirecTV here I come, or if DirecTV tries that nonsense too, then Comcast here I come, and if Comcast tries that nonsense, I can live my life without any of them and enjoy BluRay, Netflix, Hulu+, and on and on and on. There are so many alternatives out there, I can enjoy, without having some ahole Dishnetwork employee with a Napoleon attitude complex put me through that audit nonsense.
Now having said that, my time is worth money so if they want me to play the game, they can hire me to test their equipment. I work for $500 per hour! minimum 1 hour. I'll even accept a $500 credit on my account. :)

PS- I don't answer calls from 800# caller id.

Like I said, I don't feel like having to prove that I'm innocent. Come here and check it out yourself, if you wanna know. If I ever get a call, it will have consequences, and not just for me.

These audits are really ridiculous. Like others have said they're creating churn and generally pissing off good customers. It's incredible to me that such smart business people do this kind of really stupid crap.

If Dish wants to piss away their customers like this then let them. They will suffer the consequences. If Dish didn't have such a good DVR then I would have been gone a LONG time ago! That's the only thing keeping me around. When Directv gets a better DVR then that is where I am heading. You don't even have to fail an audit to have issues with them. If you activate a receiver after getting an audit then they will lock you down and shut the receiver. When I activated one after an audit I didnt think there was a problem with that but they acted like I done something wrong and on purpose and shut it off and wouldnt let me activate it again. You talk about one pissed customer. I am under a two year contract too. This contract is almost up and I am thinking about leaving anyways because I dont know if it is worth all the hassle.

The only other reason why I am staying is due to the fact that I have a DVR fee waived along with additional outlet fee ($17 credit forever) due to the 721 receiver swapped to a 522. If I shut the service off then I lose that credit forever. They are also now bundled with Frontier so I will get additional discounts now as well off the phone and Dish bill as a result so thats $25-30 in savings. I try to keep my phone lines hooked up to the receivers so that I dont have the audit calls but sometimes one gets unhooked and I dont know it where the phone line splitter falls out of the jack. The audit team does not call very often at all really but I have to call this special number to make any changes and they are only available certain hours of the day and I dont think they are available on the weekends. Its a bunch of horse crap! I rarely have to make changes to my account though as I am happy with what I have. If I had to though then I wouldnt be able to take the bull.

I went through it once a few years ago and said then it would be the one and only time. They must have had the Tulsa area on the list as most of my family got called within a week and they treated my stepmom pretty bad as they called while my dad was in the hospital having kidney surgery due to some cancer spots. I ended up having to do the call for them. The next time I get a call Dish will be losing a ten year customer.

With Directv's whole home dvr and now Cox in Tulsa and OKC are upgrading customers to the new Cisco boxes with whole home dvr, there are plenty of options even if I don't like the competitors equipment.

My word, you are people are crazy. Take of your tinfoil hat and realize that Dish is not conspiring against you. Do you not realize that the number of people out there with a legitimate use for 4 or more receivers is very very small. Just because you found a few other people with that many receivers on a satellite enthusiast website, that does not mean you are typical customers. Account stacking is a major problem. You are right that you are a paying customer. Dish is after the NON-PAYING customers. Vote with your wallet if you want, but it is probably worth it from Dish's prospective. Your anger just puts Dish in a no win scenario. Either let people steal, or anger a few customers for the sake of ferreting out the cheats. I know you think no one gets caught, but those folks don't come here to complain, or if they do, their posts are deleted. They do get caught.

As for not answering the phone, that won't work. Dish will eventually shut off you service. And as for providing a utility bill if you are paperless, every company I deal with provides a PDF of your bill.

And for all of you saying Charlie is dumb for this, who is the billionaire?

I am guessing you have never dealt with the Dish audit team HD?
I have one time, and they were quite rude. That is what pisses people off. People who have done nothing get called and basically accused of being thiefs.
Sure account stacking is probably a problem for them, but there are better ways to handle it. In the few years that I have had D* I have yet to have one of these calls from them.

HDRoberts said:
My word, you are people are crazy. Take of your tinfoil hat and realize that Dish is not conspiring against you.

Couldn't agree more! It's just a phone call, not a body cavity search.

HDRoberts, you clearly don't know the extent of the audit team's shenanigans. I knew a Dish FSM once several years back who had 2 receivers and he was harassed by the audit team on a monthly basis. He told them each and every time 'I'm a Dish Network FSM. Why do you keep harassing me?' They kept it up so he cancelled his account. That's sad.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)