Call from Dish Network Today

ulive1ce said:
So, how do you get to list the extra info? I can only see the first 5 in this list on my 522. Is there a config item I need to change? Also, why is Hard Disk greyed out in my diagnostics?

Thanks.
There isn't anything you can change - it's just diagnostic counters mainly for Dish. All we do is look and speculate on what they do.
That's good that your 'hard disk' is grayed out - if it weren't, you'd have less than 7 days to get everything off of it - there would be something wrong with it. But the daily diagnostics should alert you before you see the hard disk NOT grayed out.

this is what i recieved from dish regarding the 522 feedback testing......after many problems with timers..as follows

Mr. Osborn,

Thank you for your e-mail. Reviewing our information it appears that the
software version that you have is current. We do periodically send upgrades
to receivers to have software upgraded. If you make sure that your receiver
is turned off every night, you will receive any software upgrades that we
send in the future. If you have any further questions, please feel free to
contact us at 800-333-dish(3474)

Thank you,
Jeremiah
Dish Network tech support

DUH.....JERIMIAH IS ON CRACK...LOL

Man,

I just dont get you guys..? Dish is working hard at making you lifetime customers? By putting out a product that was broken from the start? Still not working and those who used the local retailers to sign up are forced to stay subs or pay fines..

The 522 has been nothing but a massive screw job. They should be giving you all free TV or better boxes. They should recall all 522's until they can make them work. The 522 has been the worst cluster F**K I have ever seen, period!

They deserve no pats on the back for trying to make the 522's work. They are OBLIGATED to do so. They deserve a big kick in the A$$ for constantly telling those of us who reported the problems that we were "The only one who has this problem" for so freaking long.

No one has more of a reason to be unhappy than 522 owners. Perhaps this is a perfect example of what is going south in the US. We have gotten so used to getting screwed, so used to poor customer service, long check out lines, cars with endless recalls that people just take it...

I just dont get it.
I am happy with my two replay boxes though...

I still think that Sat TV is the way to go. DTV is evil. But until DISH gets a dual tuner DVR that WORKS, they are second rate. I believe that the 522 must suffer from some fatal hardware limitations that may prevent it from ever working.

I keep checking in though, just in case I am wrong, I will resub. But I have lost all hope in the 522....

YO....

I take it all back... The 522 is a vcr that sucks.... Nothing like a Tivo... Get rid of your 522 it sucks... Try a Tivo for 5 days.. I promise you will never go back!

PS: FRANK LAKE @ ADELPHIA is the WORSE custormer service manager in history!
Do not listen to his lies!!
~Newport

I'm still one of the lucky few that doesn't have many problems with the 522. There are times (and it is starting to get worse for me...) where timeshifting gets screwed up pretty bad with many brief audio dropouts, hiccups, and a/v pauses. But those smooth out after less than a minute, and it's back to normal timeshifted viewing.

PS: PHIL@ADELPHIA is pretty nice.
:)

That *EDIT* 'person' newport has been starting touble in several threads. Mods, can you guys keep an eye on *EDIT* the gay woman? (wouldn't most people just call it a lesbian?)

Oh yeah, I forgot... All Cable Companies are evil too!

Dish is by far the least evil..... 8)

I just really think they put the 522 out the door too early or chose very poor assembly plants and/or poor parts quality...

Something went bad wrong....

End of rant and good luck to you all. I hope Dish delivers us all an X-Mas present in the form of stable code soon...

Replays are good for cable only and cable does stink, constantly goes out.. (In bad weather no less!! Despite what GhostBusters guy says!)

Well with the anouncement of Name Based recording later this week will the people with the logging software also get that or will we remain with the current logging software.

I would think that having logging software for the Name Based recording release would be very helpfull to the developement to help catch and Identify bugs kinda like a set of alpha testers. Give it to us first to play with and help shake it down and help identify any and all the bugs first so they could fix the worse ones prior to main stream release. I would call us beta testers but all 522 users are currently beta testers.

My 522 is giving me problems. It's not getting any signal from the satellite for TV2 so only TV1 has a picture. It's tell me to check swich, I do, nothing, it tell me to check the connections, I do, they're all connected securely. Now DISH want me to pay for a service call to check what's wrong. Do anyone here believe this is right? After all! everything is as it was before the 522 started acting up, so it's got to be their POS 522.

8ohms said:
My 522 is giving me problems. It's not getting any signal from the satellite for TV2 so only TV1 has a picture. It's tell me to check swich, I do, nothing, it tell me to check the connections, I do, they're all connected securely. Now DISH want me to pay for a service call to check what's wrong. Do anyone here believe this is right? After all! everything is as it was before the 522 started acting up, so it's got to be their POS 522.

Im having the same problem. It also thinks that tv2 is now tv1... well at least now it will have name based recording.

My latest glitch goes like this:
Ordered a PPV movie and set a timer to record it. The timer started recording but when the movie started it asked to enter my password (even though I unlocked PPV). After entering the password the screen went blank for a few minutes and the recording stopped. A few minutes later it came back and started recording again.
When I called to complain about missing the first few minutes of the movie the CSR said there was no record of the movie being ordered, thus, I wasn't charged. But I still got to watch the rest of the movie anyway.
This was only the 2'nd time I ordered PPV and both times I had problems but was not charged for the movie. They didn't credit me for the botched order, the charge just never went through. Dish's faulty equipment is costing them more money than they know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)