Call from Dish Network Today

My 522 is recording fine with pre existing timers I only have a problem if I try to modify or create a timer or do a live TV recording its been recording the existing timers without any problems. Now if I try to stop a timer recording in progress it will lock up also so as long as I let the event complete normally I can watch the recording and then delete them without any problem. I just can not stop a recording in progress without locking up the unit.

Mine is also recording fine with existing timers. I have not tried to do anything to the timers and, with what you guys are saying, might not even try. :)

Well, I got curious so I decided to test the timer bug. I was able to successfully create and edit a timer. When I went to delete it, as soon as I hit Select on the delete button, it stopped responding although the live video continued to play for about 15 seconds before it froze too. Hard reboot required. After the reboot, I should note that the timer was gone so it actually deleted it during the process of locking up.

Noticed another bug. I can no longer use DISH Home. It says that "DISH Home Interactive TV is currently in use on the other TV. Please try again later." Tuner 2 isn't even on.

Man, am I glad I was too late to sign up for the testing group. I wanted to be a part of it to make sure Dish knew about all of the problems with the 522 that their CSRs don't seem to know anything about. After reading about all of the problems the testing group is having I'm glad I missed the boat.

Also good to know that the $4.99 monthly charge for, suposedly, not having the receiver connected to the phone line is not confined to my account. It took several phone calls over a couple of months to get them to take the charges off my account. They always insisted that the receiver wasn't able to connect to the phone line and that was why I was being charged. The funny thing is they even admited that my receiver did indeed connect during the month but still insisted that there must be something wrong with the phone connection. I pointed out the following facts that prove there is nothing wrong with the phone connection:

*Phone line diagnostics screen verified that the phone is connected and working.
*Logs indicate that the receiver has connected since the last time I was charged the $4.99 fee (the fee was supposed to be taken off the next time it connected).
*Can use the customer service feature without problem.
*Caller ID works (most of the time).
*I don't get any nag messages telling me to connect the receiver to the phone line.

After all this they still wanted to send someone out to make sure it was properly grounded :confused:
I finally convinced one of the CSRs to manually change the flag on my account so it wouldn't keep billing me. I also told her that the problem is probably on their end since all tests indicate that all is well on my end. You would think that since they are obviosly having an increase in the amount of people suddenly being charged the fee they would investigate, but noooooo, it must be that all of these customers suddenly disconnected their receivers from the phone line. ;)

For those who were selected as Testers please PM me if you are having issues and I will tell you how to reach support who know what they are talking about. ;)

I just have to give a HUGE public THANK YOU to everyone involved on this little project. Scott for keeping me in the loop, Dave for going above and beyond what he should do, and most importantly, Dish Network. I've been in touch with them today, and they've answered all my questions, and are really actually TRYING to solve this problem.
All you guys really are a class act. Thanks again! :)

Bizzach said:
I just have to give a HUGE public THANK YOU to everyone involved on this little project. Scott for keeping me in the loop, Dave for going above and beyond what he should do, and most importantly, Dish Network. I've been in touch with them today, and they've answered all my questions, and are really actually TRYING to solve this problem.
All you guys really are a class act. Thanks again! :)

Agreed. Got a call today. Very nice guy. Even taking care of a related billing problem. I've said it before (not here) but DISH is doing a really great job of making me a lifetime customer. Some people may trash DISH but I couldn't recommend it any higher.

I also had a call from Dish today to setup a time to download the logs from my box he was very friendly and told me if I had any problems like the current problem with changing timers causing the box to lock up to email them if that does not get a response he told gave me another route to contact them if necessary. I also told them that L207 did not completely solve the GOD problem. According to him they were not aware that GOD was still a problem I have had it happen a couple of times since L207 but it is better. Maybe with the direct line in to Dish Network we have now some major improvements may occur.

Could one of the testers please let Dish know about the problems with caller ID working on wireless telephone jacks. I'm sure Dish already knows about it, but why not tell them again while all this testing is going on. Maybe it will get a software update to fix the problem.
Thanks

Well I emailed the 522 Software Team with my info like Scott asked yesterday I also emailed them yesterday evening asking if the 522 needs to left turned on to download the logs since I usally shut it off when not in use. I have not heard back with a responce on that yet. I also checked my box this morning I received a software download last night back to L207-N now so not sure if they have pulled the logging software untill they figure out the timer issue or what is going on.

I got an e-mail from the team saying they were reverting everyone back to 2.07 until they could figure the problem out with the BMB logging software. My receiver had locked up last night after I went to bed (it locked up at the end of a recording), so I didn't get the update. I set my manual update for a couple of minutes in the future, and it downloaded 2.07.
I think they also need to look at the caller ID issues - mine didn't recognize Dish calling into it!

Yes they reverted everyone back to the old software since many of you were having problems with the logging software.

(Congrats you found your first bug!) :)

They are working on it and when they get the logging software stable you will receive a new version again.

Dish Network thanks everyone for their patience and help the make the 522 better for all. :D

I received the Email also from DN informing me that they reverted to L207 and I also received a second email telling me not to change my usage habits so I guess the unit does not need to be turned on to download the logs. Not sure how that will work the Caller ID history only shows caller ID's that are received when the unit is on when I recieve a call at night or when the unit is off the 522's caller ID history never shows that call.

I am glad I can help DN work the bugs out of the 522 software I look at it this way all there work is just trying to make my 522 using experience a better one so any thing I can do to help I am all for.

Got it too. I really like this. I wish I could remember how I came across SatelliteGuys but I dont remember. Glad I did, though! :)

Shadowtester said:
Not sure how that will work the Caller ID history only shows caller ID's that are received when the unit is on.....
My 522 has answered them a couple of times now when it's off, so I don't think it matters. Apparently it uses the caller id to know when to pick up an incoming call. It won't (shouldn't) touch normal calls, but it's gotta be quick on the one's from Dish, else it might encounter quite a bit of competition from answering machines, fax machines, children, and dial-up servers all trying to be first to answer the call! The bigger issue might be having the 522 deal with call waiting tones. You can't turn those off for incoming calls AFAIK. The tones might put a chink in an existing telnet session.

chaddux said:
My watchdogs is just 1. Big difference from 4876. Here is mine. (Differences in red.)

Software version: BMB1GALD-N
Boot strap: 1414GALD

1) Watchdogs: 1
2) Boot recoveries: 0
3) AC Power losses: 0
4) Queue filled: 255
5) Queue ID: 65535
6) DST: 0x80
7) Hard drive info: 0x6000
8) Authorized services: 490
9) Sucessful (sic) downloads: 12
10) Previous software: L207
11) Lost locks: 5:5
12) Modulator resets: 0
13) Last connect: 10-18-04

So, how do you get to list the extra info? I can only see the first 5 in this list on my 522. Is there a config item I need to change? Also, why is Hard Disk greyed out in my diagnostics?

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)