Call from Dish - Want to send out Tech

larrykenney

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 16, 2004
San Francisco, CA
I received an interesting call yesterday from Dish Network. They said that my 722 receiver was reporting "low signals", so they wanted to send out a tech to fix the problem. I said that I haven't noticed any problems on any of the channels I watch. I asked them if they'd be any charge and they said "no". I asked "How do I know you're calling from Dish?" They then riddled off my account number, billing information, how much I pay each month, and more.

The tech is scheduled to arrive tomorrow (Thursday) between noon and 5. It's listed on my Dish page under Appointments, so I guess it's for real.

Is this a normal situation? Have any of you ever received a call where they wanted to send out a tech to fix a problem that you didn't know you had?

I went to "Set Up" and checked the signals, and those coming from 129 are all over the place. Some are as high as 75, but some are as low as 15 to 20. We'll see what they do tomorrow.

Larry
San Francisco

I received an interesting call yesterday from Dish Network. They said that my 722 receiver was reporting "low signals", so they wanted to send out a tech to fix the problem. I said that I haven't noticed any problems on any of the channels I watch. I asked them if they'd be any charge and they said "no". I asked "How do I know you're calling from Dish?" They then riddled off my account number, billing information, how much I pay each month, and more.

The tech is scheduled to arrive tomorrow (Thursday) between noon and 5. It's listed on my Dish page under Appointments, so I guess it's for real.

Is this a normal situation? Have any of you ever received a call where they wanted to send out a tech to fix a problem that you didn't know you had?

I went to "Set Up" and checked the signals, and those coming from 129 are all over the place. Some are as high as 75, but some are as low as 15 to 20. We'll see what they do tomorrow.

Larry
San Francisco
yup and yup. happens with subs here in the forums quite often. :)

It's a legitimate thing Larry. Your 722 sends out a health report to Dish from time to time. If something is going bad they call and fix it before you have a failure....

What if you don't want them to come? Is there a way to refuse the tech visit?

Yes, you can always refuse but DISH is notifing you that a problem exists with your signal and these issues only get worse over time if not addressed. If it is not already effecting your channels it will in the near future.

The Dish Tech arrived as scheduled and found that my signals were below the minimums they've set for reliable service. He adjusted my 110/119 dish antenna and brought up the levels by 15 to 20 points. The signals from the 119 satellite were the worst. Our local HD station signals come from that satellite, so I'm glad we're in better shape now.

The really low signals from the 129 satellite are for Spotbeams covering other areas, so they're okay to be low. All of the signals from 129 that I use are very good, so no adjustment of the 129 dish antenna was needed.

Larry
SF

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts