Call of Duty World At War Beta Token

mdntblu

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 21, 2006
Corona, CA
If you signed up on Callofduty.com and are waiting for your Beta Token here is a screenshot of what it looks like:

cod-waw-beta.jpg

What do you think of it?

So far, the game plays EXACTLY like COD 4 but with a WWII feel. The menus and matchmaking system are exactly the same. The graphics are way better, they added more detail in everything seen on the map. There are 3 maps, Makin, Castle, & Roundhouse. The vehicles add more depth to the game plus now when you get a 7 kill streak, a pack of dogs will come kick your butt.

So in my opinion, the game is slightly better than COD 4. Like I said earlier, the tanks and vehicles add a lot to the game plus I find it a bit more tactical than COD 4 since the game is a bit more slowed down and the maps are more open.

So in my opinion, the game is slightly better than COD 4. .

Excellent. I'm a senior artist at Treyarch, I worked on the vehicle/weapons team on COD:WAW

Definitely like to hear that. Unfortunately I'm a PS3 owner, so I can't participate in the BETA at home, but there should be several people from the team playing in the beta, we really enjoyed making this one.

Glad to hear you're digging it.

Excellent. I'm a senior artist at Treyarch, I worked on the vehicle/weapons team on COD:WAW

Definitely like to hear that. Unfortunately I'm a PS3 owner, so I can't participate in the BETA at home, but there should be several people from the team playing in the beta, we really enjoyed making this one.

Glad to hear you're digging it.

One thing I am very disappointed in is that every game has to have bad language. I have 2 little children (3 and 7 years old) and I love playing video games and so do they. But I can't stand the fact that my 3 year old boy could easily pick up "f**king marines" or something. Why do they have to throw that crap in there. Even in Multiplayer. I've heard it several times. Even SH*T sometimes. Very lame. How can gaming consoles be family when they have that crap in there. It doesn't offend me all that much to hear it if I was still single or had no kids. But now I either have to play with the sound down very low which is lame when you have 5.1 surround sound or play it after 9pm when they are in bed. COD4 had hardly any bad language in it but it was limited to the campaign play. I know people in the military have potty mouths but I don't think anyone will not buy the game because it doesn't have bad language in it. Just my 2 cents.

One thing I am very disappointed in is that every game has to have bad language. I have 2 little children (3 and 7 years old) and I love playing video games and so do they. But I can't stand the fact that my 3 year old boy could easily pick up "f**king marines" or something. Why do they have to throw that crap in there. Even in Multiplayer. I've heard it several times. Even SH*T sometimes. Very lame. How can gaming consoles be family when they have that crap in there. It doesn't offend me all that much to hear it if I was still single or had no kids. But now I either have to play with the sound down very low which is lame when you have 5.1 surround sound or play it after 9pm when they are in bed. COD4 had hardly any bad language in it but it was limited to the campaign play. I know people in the military have potty mouths but I don't think anyone will not buy the game because it doesn't have bad language in it. Just my 2 cents.

It's an M rated game. Keep it as far away from your children as possible. Bad language is the least of your worries. It's a realistic war game, and war is not pretty.

As a former member of the US Army, we used the F word like a comma, and the cussing is about on par with what you'd really hear.

Always check the game ratings before purchasing.

I don't think I will even give this game a chance since its made by Treyarch. Treyarch has been the "f*** up" of the CoD series. The console ports of Call of Duty and then Big Red One were atrocious compared to the real versions of Call of Duty and Call of Duty 2. Then came Call of Duty 3 which was just a joke. I wasn't the biggest fan of CoD4, but it is the best in the series, and I highly doubt Treyarch is going to out do Infinity Ward. But the problem is Activision just wants to milk the game. While Treyarch made this one, Infinity Ward is already working on Call of Duty 6! I mean come on! Give Treyarch Spider-Man 3, thats something they can actually handle(and badly).

It's an M rated game. Keep it as far away from your children as possible. Bad language is the least of your worries. It's a realistic war game, and war is not pretty.

As a former member of the US Army, we used the F word like a comma, and the cussing is about on par with what you'd really hear.

Always check the game ratings before purchasing.

I understand the game is rated M. Call of Duty 4 was rated M as well but it didn't really have any bad language in it. I don't care if my kids see war stuff. Heck even Tony Hawk skateboarding has blood and gore in it. That's just normal. It's just a video game and it's not like they won't learn about war in school. My daughter has already learned about it in school as a matter of fact. She was doing some history thing a week ago and was talking about a shotgun and she told the teacher "oh like the one in Call of Duty game?". She's seen Iraq war stuff on TV as well and it doesn't affect her. I just would like to not infiltrate my kids with bad language, that's why I never play GTA IV.

I don't think I will even give this game a chance since its made by Treyarch. Treyarch has been the "f*** up" of the CoD series. The console ports of Call of Duty and then Big Red One were atrocious compared to the real versions of Call of Duty and Call of Duty 2. Then came Call of Duty 3 which was just a joke. I wasn't the biggest fan of CoD4, but it is the best in the series, and I highly doubt Treyarch is going to out do Infinity Ward. But the problem is Activision just wants to milk the game. While Treyarch made this one, Infinity Ward is already working on Call of Duty 6! I mean come on! Give Treyarch Spider-Man 3, thats something they can actually handle(and badly).

Just so you know, the engine running COD WAW is exactly the same as COD 4. It has the same menus, same lobby's, same everything basically. So it's not really much different than COD4. It plays the same, lags the same, sounds the same, etc.

Just so you know, the engine running COD WAW is exactly the same as COD 4. It has the same menus, same lobby's, same everything basically. So it's not really much different than COD4. It plays the same, lags the same, sounds the same, etc.
But the fact that it is made by a developer that has made nothing but crap games worries me.

But the fact that it is made by a developer that has made nothing but crap games worries me.

And someone can't get better at things as time goes on? I once remember most car manufactures being very horrible at making cars and now most of my cars I buy get over 100,000 miles on them before having issues. So if I go off of your methodology I wouldn't be able to buy most cars because they were all crap once upon a time.

No dude in all seriously this is not COD3 whatsoever nor does it have the look or feel of it. Go watch some videos on youtube of people playing the beta and see for yourself. I'm pretty confident that if you're a fan of the COD series then you will buy it or at least rent it. :)

I did watch a few videos, and it looks like the exact same as CoD4 with different weapons. I can't warrant $60 with it, CoD4 only lasted me about a month. I might rent it.

Hey LAsooner, I hate to be the typical beggar. But would it be possible to talk to some people and send a key to stwrt.wht@gmail.com? It would be greatly appreciated, as a fan of the cod series and a critic.

If you're such a huge fan you should have received a token since you are signed up on Charlie Oscar Delta website and Call Of Duty.com website. I don't know anyone who didn't get one that had both accounts merged them.

Oh I'm sure you know by now but it's an open Beta. So go play!!!!

Yeah I will be getting a copy for the PC once it comes out which I think is next week on the 11th..

After playing the beta for a couple sessions im passing, too much other stuff to play right now for another COD. If anything I'll rent it for the single player.

Hmm well what were your dislikes and what you liked about it?? FallOut3 looks good besides that on the PC side I dont see anything else really that good. I think StarCraft 2 will be out next year..

On the PC, Left 4 Dead, Fallout 3. For 360, Gears 2. There's more, but between those 3 im more than full on shooters and with Lich King coming out World of Warcraft will keep me busy for the next month or two and we'll be talking about the next Call of Duty by then when the launch of this iteration is behind us.

I own Call of Duty 4 and didn't play it very much online, when that itch pops up it will still be there to scratch, no need to get another game with some minor changes in the grand scheme of things to do the same thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)