Call out to West Michiganders....Fox Sports Network Plus?

billybgame

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 22, 2007
Saginaw, MI
Today, the Michigan High School Football Playoffs were on Fox Sports Detroit. The last game, involving a local school, had to be shifted to their "Plus" station, due to a Red Wings game. I'd seen this before, with Comcast, and it knew what channel it was usually on.

But, what about with Dish? Are we out of luck, in this situation? Also, I've been meaning to call Dish, wondering why WXSP isn't in the local channels. That's a hell of a lot of Tigers and Piston games lost there. Perhaps college sports, still too, although Big Ten Network stole most of them. Anyone know the scoop why that's not in the Locals? Quite odd.

With no local HD, I was sort of pondering the antennae route. If it'll get me this station, that might become a very quick decision.

Thanks....

normally it would have been in the alternate channels (444-453). That is the "overflow" channels for the regionsl sports net...examples are
1. what you just posted above
2. places where there are 2 specific feeds. FSN Florida & Sunshine Network are good examples. Part of the state is Panthers territory and the other is Lightning territory. When one is on, the "overflow" channel may have another game and it will show on the alt channels. FSN Midwest is another. One feed is for the Cards games, one is for the Royals. Royals were always on the alt channels
3. One RSN has a "local" presence but isn't a full time RSN. Examples are FSN Houston (broken off from FSN SW during Astros games) and FSN Indiana (for Pacers games)
4. FSN Wisconsin..they use to be a separate feed of FSN North but DIsh only carries the MN version. All Wisco sports (Brewers, Badgers, Bucks) were on the alt channels

As for WXSP that is a retransmission dispute. It was uplinked for a long time but never became available to subscribers. Maybe they can't get a good signal to the main pop (point of presence) for the locals

With no local HD, I was sort of pondering the antennae route. If it'll get me this station, that might become a very quick decision.

Thanks....

WXSP is simulcast on several OTA channels- see below: Also, WOOD-DT and WOTV-DT is simulcasting WXSP on their second digital sub-channel, so you should have no problem pulling in one of them with an OTA antenna. I view WXSP on WOOD-DT (7.2 DT)

WXSP-CA TV Channel 15 Grand Rapids

It's interesting that D* offers WXSP with their local package but not E*.

one of the reasons E* probably doesnt carry it is because they seem to only carry a low powered station if its attached to a main network or if the owner of the station also owns a bigger station and says "well you can't carry our ABC station unless you carry our low powered CW too" (example)

D* seems to carry those stations

Today, the Michigan High School Football Playoffs were on Fox Sports Detroit. The last game, involving a local school, had to be shifted to their "Plus" station, due to a Red Wings game. I'd seen this before, with Comcast, and it knew what channel it was usually on.

But, what about with Dish? Are we out of luck, in this situation? Also, I've been meaning to call Dish, wondering why WXSP isn't in the local channels.

I'm in the 49426 Zip Code area, I get XSP no problem OTA.

And yes, FSN Detroit shifted some Tigers games to the Plus stations a few months ago. Dish did carry the alternate station.

But, what about with Dish? Are we out of luck, in this situation? Also, I've been meaning to call Dish, wondering why WXSP isn't in the local channels. That's a hell of a lot of Tigers and Piston games lost there. Perhaps college sports, still too, although Big Ten Network stole most of them. Anyone know the scoop why that's not in the Locals? Quite odd.

Thanks....

No more freakin sports programing until the rest of us get what we want. NO MORE SPORTS NO MORE SPORTS NO MORE SPORTS

Changing DVRs...can I move my recordings

Dish issues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)