Call to all of you who really know what you're doing (not like me)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jim Portner

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Nov 8, 2009
Southwest US
I need some help. I cleared out my old Traxis 3500 channel listings because I had so many old/obsolete channels in there and I wanted to just go across the arc and rescan (blind scan) every satellite so that I had a current/accurate channel list in my unit.

Working west to east, things were going fine for the first 5 or 6 satellites, then every one after that told me no channels were found. It was indicating symbol rates, etc. like crazy while scanning, but locked on no channels. Same result for both polarities on each satellite.

Any ideas? Is my Traxis just a piece of sh**?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm not familiar with the Traxis, but it has a good rep. Maybe you need to completely factory default the receiver, to try to clear out excess transponders, too. Another possiblility is that simply powering it off , then on again, will clear out enough memory to continue. These cheap boxes frequently get memory fragmentation that affects their operations.
:)

Your box is full of empty tranponders taking up the memory, those didn't have a lot of memory to spare. I used to have to clean mine out about every week, I do so much scanning.

Thanks for the solution. I did a "delete all" before I started rescanning every satellite. I take it that DOESN'T clean out my memory? I'll try the "unplug and replug" thing to see if that does the job. I'd like to completely empty the memory before rescanning the birds again. I appreciate the guidance.

Delete all just deletes the channels...its the transponders you need to delete

first thing is remove the satellites you dont use. I had a receiver do the same thing and I removed all the C-Band satellites first. Then I removed any sat I couldnt see (which were sats east of 61.5)...that usually helps

Jim, look for the option in the menu that says "Factory Default" or Factory reset, that will clear out everything of course, but it will clear out all the unused transponders stored for each satellite. It will also remove anything you changed/renamed since you got the box.

Iceberg: I am absolutely honored that you weighed in on this "newbies" petty little issue, since you are a certified GOD on this website and throughout the entire FTA world as far as I can tell!. I'll delete the transponders and the sats as you suggest. Here's the next weird thing that's come up: after I did my first "delete all" I went back and starting blind scanning again. Was grabbing channels like crazy now, but when I went to watch them, I got a "no signal" message on every single one. Still messing with that problem. Any ideas you might have would be great. Thanks again.

Iceberg: I am absolutely honored that you weighed in on this "newbies" petty little issue, since you are a certified GOD on this website and throughout the entire FTA world as far as I can tell!.
:) we were all newbies once, including me (6+ years ago)
Although I havent used a Traxis I know my Pansat & Fortec can do crazy things like that too

I'll delete the transponders and the sats as you suggest. Here's the next weird thing that's come up: after I did my first "delete all" I went back and starting blind scanning again. Was grabbing channels like crazy now, but when I went to watch them, I got a "no signal" message on every single one. Still messing with that problem. Any ideas you might have would be great. Thanks again.
are they possibly news feeds that were temporarily on the air? Are you on a satellite that has chanels that are up 24/7 that you can check? Check thelist for a list of 24/7 channels

Thanks for the tip. I'll got to The List and see what happens on the 24/7 signals. Trial and error and patience will get me there. Sometimes my box just does moody things, like it's having a bad day, then comes around again and works just fine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)