called for eastern arc dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

all4jo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
Haiti and lexington ky
HEy guys im in the lexington ky DMA, and i just called to have them change my dish 1000 to a eastern arc dish ad they say that all they can do is add a wing dish for free.
i told them that i just wanted a one dish solution. they said that was all available for me.
does that sound right?

I live in southern Ky and I called about switching from 1000.2 to the new 1000.4 back in December because I wanted the locals in HD. They first said that they would put up a wing and I said NO! That I could only have a one dish setup on my house. Come to find out , the reason they said wing was because I had an old MPEG 2 reciever and the eastern arc dish wont work with it. I then told them that I wanted to upgrade that reciever to a VIP 612 because I was getting another HD tv for another room and they agreed to switch me to a 1000.4 dish. I had to commit to 2 years, but that was because of the reciever upgrade not the dish switch. If you are paying for HD and locals then its not your fault that they put the HD locals on a differant sattilite. I did have to talk to someone over the CSR tho, also keep calling back until you get someone that knows what your talking about. So it might be because you have an older reciever or something, just keep pushing and they might break.

HEy guys im in the lexington ky DMA, and i just called to have them change my dish 1000 to a eastern arc dish ad they say that all they can do is add a wing dish for free.
i told them that i just wanted a one dish solution. they said that was all available for me.
does that sound right?

I'm in Cincinnati Ohio. Had a 1000 for 2 years. They put up a 1000.4 for me.
Are you calling the standard DISH phone #? I told them there is no way you are putting 4 more holes in my roof. They said OK!

well the install company called , and they confirmed that its a 1000.4 dish they will be installing.
so maybe after i told the CSR that i'didnt want 2 dishes. she finally put in the order.

Here in Nebraska Dish has been trying to get us to use a 1000.4 and a wing at the 110 for new connects for non HD customers. Not once have I found anyone who wants 2 dishes on their houses. I just put up a 1000.2 dish instead. 1 Customer told me the reason he was switching from D* to E* was because hes always hated the 2 dishes hanging on his house. I do not blame any of them as I would not like 2 dishes on my house its bad enough having 1. My dish is on a low pole and is painted to match the surrounding evergreen trees in my wind break, Most people do not even see it unless I point it out. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)