Caller ID display on TV2 now?

cpa4u

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 18, 2004
Today I was watching the tv in my home office (TV2 output from 522) and received a phone call. A caller id message came up at the top of the screen. I have never seen this before. I know that in the past, caller ID was only displayed on TV1. Is this a new feature?

I don't know but that is interesting to know.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but how does it spoil recordings? Does it stop the recording process or are you referring to it recording the call information?

I don't have a 522, but it has always displayed on TV2 for the 942 and the 622. Also, it doesn't do anything to the recordings. The caller ID pop-up is not recorded.

I record some SD stuff off my 622 on a TiVo and it pops up in the recording if it's turned on.

625 always shows caller id on tv 2 and not it does not spoil recording. Wish it had caller id call waiting like some Directv boxes do.

Ever since the last software update, my 622 has been showing the caller ID on my microwave oven. It burns my falafels.

Just kidding. I usually catch it before they burn.

Caller ID always displays on both TV1 and TV2 if it's enabled. It really needs to be separately configurable for each output. I too have had a couple of DVD dumps ruined because the phone rang and I had forgotten to turn off the feature.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)