Caller ID on 522 answering my phone?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

doogie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 27, 2004
I just went out and bought a new RCA wireless phone jack for my 522 because my old one blew up when it got hit by lightning... the new one I bought says CALLER ID COMPATIBLE - where my old one was not.

Now when the phone rings, it rings once then I think the 522 is hanging up!!!

When I turn called ID OFF on the 522 my phone works fine...

Any way to fix this?

Your 522 is rude!
Does it work when hardwired in? Are you sure other things didn't blow up when your house was struck by lightning? Odd that it only took out your one RCA jack.

Oh, no... I'm quite certain other things blew out. I lost my PC, my vonage phone adapter, my complete stereo system, 2 ceiling fans, 3 TVs, 1 DVD player, a garage door opener and my heating/AC system.... BUT - everything has been replaced. The RCA phone adapter was the last thing to come.

I can't try hooking it up directly because I don't have a cord that is long enough.

But I thought I read something about this almost a year ago.... that someone else's 522 was doing this...

I'm hoping someone remembers.

doogie said:
Oh, no... I'm quite certain other things blew out. I lost my PC, my vonage phone adapter, my complete stereo system, 2 ceiling fans, 3 TVs, 1 DVD player, a garage door opener and my heating/AC system.... BUT - everything has been replaced. The RCA phone adapter was the last thing to come.

I can't try hooking it up directly because I don't have a cord that is long enough.

But I thought I read something about this almost a year ago.... that someone else's 522 was doing this...

I'm hoping someone remembers.

mine did it... i jsut disabled caller id... but ther ewas a solution and yes it was a full year ago... no memory... ugh.

Yeah - disabling the caller-ID works, but it would be really nice if I could use that feature... if anyone else knows of a solution, please let me know. Thanx.

That sux! I just bought these brand new for $59 online... can't really return them.

I had this same problem with a set of Phonex wireless jacks. I returned them and the second set has worked Fine for the last 6 months.

I am experiencing the same issue with 522. Seems like 522 is not wireless phone jack compatible. 510 was and worked like a charm. Will call Dish and find out if anything can be done.
I had no idea this was a known issue. I had verizon come out and spend a lot of time to trouble the supposed 'phone line' issue. Wish I knew this earlier. I just happened to disable the caller ID and find out that the true reason for the issue when Verizon tech could not figure it out. I wish I had discovered this thread earlier!

SatinKzo said:
Dish does sell wireless jacks for the units that they claim will work with caller id.

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/products/accessories/index.shtml

There the Phonex jacks branded for Dish.
I have been using the second set over 8 months now without any problems.
The first set were just bad.

Caller ID however only works part of the time on my 522 and a hardwired Phone line did not improve the situation.

jtravel said:
There the Phonex jacks branded for Dish.
I have been using the second set over 8 months now without any problems.
The first set were just bad.

Caller ID however only works part of the time on my 522 and a hardwired Phone line did not improve the situation.

Yeah, that is a problem with the 522.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)