Caller ID Stopped Working

Status
Please reply by conversation.

forsberg21

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 14, 2009
PA
I had the HR20-700 for 3 years and this feature always worked fine. I got a new HR24-500, and it worked fine for the first 3 weeks. But in the last 4 days, it just stopped working? I have the notifications set to "On" to show up on the TV, and my caller log has calls up until Dec 23rd. Then nothing. I deleted them all and have used different phone #'s to call the house and nothing pops up and no calls are even logged any longer. My called ID subscriptiion is fine, as all calls appear on them. Again, nothing changed...it just stopped working a few days ago. I also changed the telephone line and still nothing worked. Was there some kind of update that screwed this up a few days ago? Any ideas on what I can do to get this to work again?

not sure about an update and I see you tested a new line BUT have you tried another known to work outlet and plugged a phone into the suspect location to test them?

not sure about an update and I see you tested a new line BUT have you tried another known to work outlet and plugged a phone into the suspect location to test them?

No, I haven't done that, but the phone works fine from that location, as it has the caller ID box and it shows all calls received in that time. I just don't understand how it can work fine for all that time and then just stop one day (unless it was the cable, which it isn't). I mean, the DVR isn't even showing the calls showing up on the log any more either, so that too is confusing? What would make the box just stop working like that if for not some kind of update?

If its only the caller ID portion that's not working it may be a bad firmware (many other users should be having the same issue) or something has failed in that particular unit. I don't use the caller ID feature on my boxes; not even connected to a phone line or I would test mine.

If its only the caller ID portion that's not working it may be a bad firmware (many other users should be having the same issue) or something has failed in that particular unit. I don't use the caller ID feature on my boxes; not even connected to a phone line or I would test mine.

Yeah, that is what I was looking for, but I didn't see anything mentioned about an update and problems with the caller ID. This DVR has been weird since I got it 3 1/2 weeks ago. It turns itself on (the blue power light comes on, not the blue ring) whenever I have it turned off and the show I had programmed to record starts recording, and now this caller ID just simply stops working. I had my HR20-700 for 3 years and never a problem (other than slow response time with the remote). I know these are minor incoveniences, but it makes me wonder what's next?

Last edited:
The HR24-500's have problems with caller ID, it would work if you reboot the receiver but in 1 or 2 weeks it will stop working. At least that's what happens with my HR24-500. My HR24-100 works fine.

caller id does not work on my hr24 100.

My HR24-100 CID worked fine the first 2.5 weeks and stopped working a week ago...well sorta. The calls are logged but do not display on the screen when incoming. It's not a biggie as where I normally sit there is a phone that displays the incoming call. It's just a rather sad commentary a new DTV equipment.

Yeah, that is what I was looking for, but I didn't see anything mentioned about an update and problems with the caller ID. This DVR has been weird since I got it 3 1/2 weeks ago. It turns itself on (the blue power light comes on, not the blue ring) whenever I have it turned off and the show I had programmed to record starts recording, and now this caller ID just simply stops working. I had my HR20-700 for 3 years and never a problem (other than slow response time with the remote). I know these are minor incoveniences, but it makes me wonder what's next?

The HR24-500's have problems with caller ID, it would work if you reboot the receiver but in 1 or 2 weeks it will stop working. At least that's what happens with my HR24-500. My HR24-100 works fine.

I have not had any issues with the Caller Id with the HR24-500, yet.
The HR20-700 worked for many years and then got intermittant, fortunately the HR24 IS working ....
Possible issues, it could be that the internal modem has gone bad.

My Caller Id prior to the HR24's had been spotty at best, the HR20 I
've had since they came out and it worked fine for the first 3+ years, then got spotty.
I ahve donr the CE downloads all along, so I don't know if that has had anything to do with it.

I personally think D* doesn't really care too much about the CID, if it works, fine, if not, they are a VIDEO service, not a phone service provider.... is the way they probably feel about it.

Well I did the red button reset and it worked, sure enough. I guess this will be my fix for the foreseeable future....thanks guys.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts