Caller ID

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mikemosun

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
Hello i have my new HD DVR box HR-22 hooked up to a phone line.Caller ID worked for a little while but now theres nothing that all.Had a few updates but i dident know if that would effect anything.I know its no big deal but that ID function was great coming across the tv.

With rear exception it works on my HR20, HR21, HR22, H21 and H20 receivers with AT&T and Time Warner phone service. It appears to be a hit or miss problem, some folks have none while others have nothing but problems.

what is an rbr? Thanks
RBR - Red Button Reset

FYI, the preferred way to reboot the box is via the menus and not the red button. Doing a menu reset allows the box to do an orderly reboot vs. the red button which doesn't allow for a orderly shudown.

When I first got D*, caller ID would not work on any of my receivers. I have DSL and I had been using individual in-line DSL filters on every phone (including D* receivers). When I dumped these and installed a DSL splitter instead, caller ID began to work on all of my receivers. It's still a bit flaky and misses once in a while but it's probably 80-90% reliable now.

My caller ID (conventional "Bell" phone service) usually works on my HD DVR. But occasionally it fails. With a simple power down and power up of the rec'vr, it's remedied. Weirdly however, I cannot use the "Order Now" option to get PPVs over the phone. I have discovered that it is actually better to do it online as you get the PPV sent to all your receivers. HTH>

Status
Please reply by conversation.