Caller Id & new software

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TimCo2

Original poster
Jun 11, 2014
Caller ID still works but I can not find the history. Anybody know how to get to it? Thanks

HR44-500

Caller ID still works but I can not find the history. Anybody know how to get to it? Thanks

HR44-500
New guide or old guide ?

In the new guide, this was in the Extras section, under Caller Id / notifications .... that section has been renamed to APPS ... but when I looked in the Apps I found nothing that covers Caller Id.

Also, I wonder if D* is doing away with the Caller Id ... (seeing less and less people use landlines anymore) , I thought I read that someone said the HR54 no longer does Caller Id. iirc.

I have a HR44 and my Caller Id does still work, but I don't see it in the menu any longer.

And even those of us with landlines may not have a jack anywhere near the receiver. My house has one phone jack and I have wireless phones in other rooms.

the hr54, hs17, and any mini do not support caller id
i do think directv will eventually abandon it totally

it doestn work with cell or voip. and pots are getting rarer and rarer

I seem to recall that Dish had a way to use Caller ID with VOIP. I use a land line so I never paid close attention.

If your VoIP service has CID, and a cable is plugged into the equipment, both providers should work with VoIP if the receiver supports it.

the hr54, hs17, and any mini do not support caller id
i do think directv will eventually abandon it totally

it doestn work with cell or voip. and pots are getting rarer and rarer
Which doesn't work with Voip ? (the 54 ?, I thought the 54 didn't even have the ability to hook it up that way)
I have a HR44 and the Caller Id with my Voip service works great.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)