Caller Id & new software

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TimCo2

Original poster
Jun 11, 2014
Caller ID still works but I can not find the history. Anybody know how to get to it? Thanks

HR44-500

Caller ID still works but I can not find the history. Anybody know how to get to it? Thanks

HR44-500
New guide or old guide ?

In the new guide, this was in the Extras section, under Caller Id / notifications .... that section has been renamed to APPS ... but when I looked in the Apps I found nothing that covers Caller Id.

Also, I wonder if D* is doing away with the Caller Id ... (seeing less and less people use landlines anymore) , I thought I read that someone said the HR54 no longer does Caller Id. iirc.

I have a HR44 and my Caller Id does still work, but I don't see it in the menu any longer.

And even those of us with landlines may not have a jack anywhere near the receiver. My house has one phone jack and I have wireless phones in other rooms.

the hr54, hs17, and any mini do not support caller id
i do think directv will eventually abandon it totally

it doestn work with cell or voip. and pots are getting rarer and rarer

I seem to recall that Dish had a way to use Caller ID with VOIP. I use a land line so I never paid close attention.

If your VoIP service has CID, and a cable is plugged into the equipment, both providers should work with VoIP if the receiver supports it.

the hr54, hs17, and any mini do not support caller id
i do think directv will eventually abandon it totally

it doestn work with cell or voip. and pots are getting rarer and rarer
Which doesn't work with Voip ? (the 54 ?, I thought the 54 didn't even have the ability to hook it up that way)
I have a HR44 and the Caller Id with my Voip service works great.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts