Caller ID

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sdsumann

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 20, 2004
Ok so here is my problem. I have a wireless ac phone extender and it works great to call out and upload ppv info at night. The phone extender says that it is compatible with caller id.

Here is my problem when i enable caller id on the 522 the phone rings once or twice then it sounds like the 522 picks up the phone then hangs up, and the call is disconnected.

Although I would like to have caller id work, its not a necessity. So I usually just turn it off, as it does not work. Has anyone had a similar experience? and if so is there a solution?

Well... I can tell you I am using an RCA wireless phone jack extender and my caller ID does NOT work... when the phone rings... nothing comes up on my TV indicating who is calling... and I have the feature turned on... I guess it just doesn't work... but I'm not experiencing the problem that you are.

sdsumann said:
Here is my problem when i enable caller id on the 522 the phone rings once or twice then it sounds like the 522 picks up the phone then hangs up, and the call is disconnected.
Well now that's kinda rude of the 522 if you ask me. I would just leave the caller ID off, as others suggested.

Or you can try a suggestion from another thread here about a different wireless phone extender problem. Find a long enough phone cord (they are relatively cheap if you have to buy one) and temporarily string that from a real phone jack to the 522. See if you notice the same symptom through that route. If not, then you probably need to look into a different phone extender. However, if the same symptom occurs, you should tell Dish Network about it.

Did you ever see what someone posted on this thread that you started back in April on dbstalk.com and try out the SouthwestBell phone jack?

Bimmerbenz

bimmerbenz said:
Did you ever see what someone posted on this thread that you started back in April on dbstalk.com and try out the SouthwestBell phone jack?

There are a couple of people who enjoy starting threads and then, instead of reading the threads they've already started with the appropriate answers, they start a whole new thread on the same exact question.

bimmerbenz said:

Bimmerbenz

Problem is there with the Southwest Bell unit connected to a 322 too. With caller ID on, phone rings once and hangs up on caller. Turn off caller ID and phone/322 all happy.

I have the RCA wireless extender which says its Caller ID compatible... and it does the same exact thing... the phone rings and nothing comes up on my TV telling me who's calling... it doesn't have the problem where IT actually picks up the phone... its almost like there is no caller ID at all... just does nothing... and yes, the feature is turned on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts