Caller ID?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

CAJUNCLICKER

Original poster
Dec 18, 2003
I recently purchased a Samsung 120GB TiVO... now I don't have on screen caller ID. Is there any way to get this feature?

You have to get a tv messenger or a caller tv device that goes inbetween the composite video(Dtivo->caller tv->tv or Dtivo->HT receiver->caller tv->tv) feed to the tv. If you use s-video there is a cable that you can buy that will covert to composite at the caller tv. To get the cable you have to buy it from the caller tv mfg. I have the tv messenger and it works great and comes with a remote. It also stores up to 99 numbers. You can buy them for around $40 on E-Bay.

http://store.yahoo.com/excess-tech/tvmecaidwrec.html

There is one at the cheapest I have found!

This was posted by someone else (I don't remember who or where) but it is what I have ended up going with:
Caller ID
Gawd, that's a big link! Anyhooo, it is pretty cool but a little more intrusive than the onscreen display since I have it sitting on top of the TV.

Can anybody tell me how to embed a link so you don't see a huge text string like I did above? I tried the URL button but couldn't figure out a way to hide the long http string.

The tv messenger shows the name and number in the upper left corner of the screen out of the way. This unit is inline after the directivo,it has nothing to do with the directivo and will not show up in recordings. To add a link use the URL except do it this way:

NAME OF LINK[/URL

and then end it with the ]

So this Cable works with T.V. Messenger?

I am using SVideo from the DirecTivo to my T.V. but I also have the RCA Jacks hooked up as well.... Still don't think it would work with the RCA cable that comes with T.V. Messenger so I guess I need to get this cable as well....

Is there a picture of it anywhere?

if you were willing to put a little work into it, you could go to www.tivocommunity.com

basically you will have to get USB ethernet working on the box, get telnet and ftp working, and then install a program called elseed. I have it running on my Series 1 Tivo. It is anything but easy and will take some while to do, but the only cost to you will be a $40 USB Ethernet adapter.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts