Calling all Mini-Bud users

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
These are all itc channels. Currently have a fixed 1 meter channel master on 99W. It receives the following:
Puerto Rico channels
KRBK/MeTv
Lesea Channels
GDMX SD Mux
Occasionally get fox feeds as well

Occasional bleed Over from 97W includes:

LATV
Walk TV
DrTv

Back when I had it motorized I also received between 83W and 113W:

83W Altavision (spanish)
95W CBS/Univision mux
111W City TV
113W Enough Spanish channels to start a Mexican Cable Company

Reactions: Kraven
When I had my
1.2m
this is what I could get in
West Fort worth Tx
58w
Nhk world
The discovery mix when it was in the clear
91w
The classic arts channel
97w
PMI 4.2.2 channel
Dr tv
The walk
99w
Leasa channels
Puerto Rican mux
the abc feeds
The gdmx feeds
The fox channel from Missouri
Metv subchannel

Bleed over from 101w
Metv 1
Metv 2

depending lnb placement in the conical scaler

105w
Nasa HD

107.3w
Astral tv
Disney junior in french
Meteo news in french
The weather channels that are in french

Not sure which satellite but I could get Bloomberg the home shopping channels religious channels and G4tv

139w
Bleed over from 137w
The Alaska mux

Dial global radio

Dish geosat 1.2m c1pll lnb using a geosat MicroHD at the time

I received many other satellites and channels but can't remember every thing

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Last edited:
This my my master list from the past year (Sept 2012 to the present). 90/99 cm WSI dish, until this year, most were with a DMSi BSC421, then the new PLL model from Titanium. My location is of course, north Georgia ;)

Sorry, but this list contains old stations no longer on the air, scrambled channels, and frequencies of wild feeds, too. Hopefully my math is correct. I included a more recent (typical) list that was when I first tested the Titanium model at the beginning of the year.

Attachments

• cbandfinds.txt
    6.8 KB · Views: 310
  • titaniumCband.txt
    5.8 KB · Views: 377
91w cw channels,

95w cbs feeds,

97w pmi mux, dr tv, amg, scola feeds,

99w lesea channels dead giveaway, kcwy nbc, vi pr mux channels, me tv krbk most of the time other than at 9 am, dod news ifiy its a stretch to come in, Mexican transponders, some good feeds from time, most of everything on that side of the satellite

101w movies promo channel, for a short time metv and 2 plus think channel.

116w one Mexican transponder can't remember which one.

121w ewtn channels, hitn channels, baby first that I can do without, fight now

123w Jewish life channel my favorite comedian jack benny was on that one.

Note can't go any east of 87 cause of being to close to the building. Still a work in progress plus kraven my setup is a micro bud not a mini bud. Not trying to correct you. Using a good lnbf helps to commercial dish helps to.

91w cw channels,

most of everything on121w ewtn channels, hitn channels, baby first that I can do without, fight now

plus kraven my setup is a micro bud not a mini bud. Not trying to correct you. Using a good lnbf helps to commercial dish helps to.

better check 91w and 121w again...
91w cw encrypted a while back
121w baby first encrypted a while back and fight now is gone.

plus it is a minibud, its a 1 meter offset, right? there is no microbud.
it is also called a cold - Cband On a Little Dish
but it is your dish, so i guess you can call it whatever you want ;)

i'm gonna have to get one of those titanium pll lnbs
you guys keep talking about how good they are and your making me jealous. lol

I’m interested in hearing what sort of luck people have getting MeTV (and Movies!) on 101
and RTV/PBJ on 87.

I’m building up to a 1.8m Prodelin with a PLL LNBF. Eventually..

Basically I want to leave my 10’ dish parked on either SES1 or SES2 and leave the minibud parked on the other.
I’m thinking that Luken stuff (however long it lasts) is the harder signal to pick up and will be best on the 10’ dish and MeTV being non S2 should work well on the minibud.

Right?

So I would be very interested to hear of your adventures with those channels on minibuds..

it all depends on location of you and the footprint of the satellite
being that far north (northern vt/montreal area) the footprint may not be as strong as places in the midwest so it may not work as well

comment for the op

I'm in central missouri , use a 52" mesh dish (use to be a badly damaged 6 ftr , got it from a scrapper for $20) . Use it for 99w , get most of the clear channel's , most of the time . Can't really pickup anything else watchable on other sat's , except 91w . But , as jmc98 mention ; MEtv 1&2 bleed over from 101w , on 99w . I too , pick them up focused on 99w , watchable over half the time . Find this puzzling , never have been able to pull them in , pointing at 101w tho . Do use a conical scaler ring as jmc98 mention , any thoughts on why ?

I'm assuming the 52" mesh is prime focus? I thought conical scalars were only good to use on off-set dishes? Just thinking out loud -- maybe someone knows for sure :)

I am more than 60% through my first C-Band mini-BUD install on the roof on the first day, I will post pics on a new thread when I am done with it and have it working. SatBeams shows my house inside the bullseye circle for the 99W C-Band, looks like that's the one to park a mini-BUD for the most channels. I will let you know what I get! :) I agree with Danristheman and Kraven, a micro-BUD is a 90cm dish, (I wish I bought one), a mini-BUD is 1.2M. I was thinking of putting up a 2nd mini-BUD 1.2M dish for the 91W C-Band, but my wife said no, and for where I wanted to mount the dish, the house would be in the way of the satellites anyway.

Sorry about mis-interpretation on mini bud , guess a 4'4" dish is in between a COLD and a small c band dish . My conical scaler ring is home made , (5" cone in front of my scaler ring) . May be better called a feed horn . But my junker dish won't hardly perform without it . It's the dish pictured above my user name . The 36" primestr dish beside it , can , pick channel's up on 99w . But you have to move it a little for different tp's & it's not dependable . There's enough good channels on 99w to make a small dish a valuable addition .

Hey Kraven, just got done putting up my mini-BUD C-Band dish. I am using a GeoSatPro 1.2M dish with a Titanium C1-PLL LNB that comes with a large Titanium Conical Scalar Ring.
I live in Lexington, Kentucky, which according to the SatBeams site, my house is located right inside the bulls-eye circle of the Galaxy 16 99W C-Band footprint.

I pulled down the C-Band channels from the satellite earlier today, here is what I get so far:

Channels 1-4: (Scrambled), don't know what they are without looking at the Sathint site.

Channels 5-11: Lesea or Cozi TV or feTV, all come in strong and clear for me. :)

Channels 12-14: Red Canal (Scrambled)

Channel 15: Telesistema (Scrambled)

Channels 16-18: Red Canal (Scrambled)

Channel 19: LiveWell from the Caribbean comes in strong and clear.

Channel 20: Latino Alternative Television comes in strong and clear.

Channel 21: ABC HD comes in strong and clear.

Chanel 22: Blank Screen, don't know what that is yet.

Channel 23: eScapes (scrambled).

Channel 24: NBC KCWY Casper, Wyoming comes in strong and clear.

Channel 25: KRBK TV FOX from the Ozarks of Missouri comes in strong and clear.

Channel 26: KRBK TV MeTV from the Ozarks of Missouri comes in strong and clear.

Channel 27: Think (Scrambled)

Channel 28: Came in earlier today as a Christian network channel, I didn't get the name of it, but it was the only channel that was coming in pretty weak, but watchable. It is gone now with no signal.

Channel 29: KCHF TV Son Broadcasting, comes in strong and clear.

Channel 30: Telesistema 1, takes a moment or two, but comes in strong and clear when it does. No Audio comes through, video appears to be a little slow motion, must be in PAL I would guess.

Channel 31: Came in briefly as a Spanish channel, but went black when I tried to tune it back in. I think it might have been CEA, but not sure what I was watching; it was like watching a loop.

Channel 32: RPS Puebla TV3, takes a few moments, but comes in clear and strong.

Channel 33: Telever Veracruz (Deportes), takes a moment or two, but strong and clear.

Channel 34: ESPN Sports (Scrambled Eggs)

Channel 35: AFN Atlantic Sports (Scribbled)

Channel 36: Spectrum (Scrambled)

Channel 37: AFN Pacific Sports (Scrambled)

Channel 38: FOX News Channel (Scrambled)

Channel 39: Xtra Innings (Scribbles)

Channel 40: Guide (Scrambled)

Channel 41: DOD News Network, comes in pretty weak as of this posting, not watchable, but it might always improve later.

Channel 42: AFN Family/Pulse (Scrambled)

Channel 43: Movie Channel (Scrambled)

Channel 44: ESPN HD (Scribbles)

Channel 45: Download (Scrambled)

Channel 46: Decoder Expired (Scrambled)

That's all of the TV ones I can find from the Sathint site, unless someone has other Freq and symbol numbers I can try on the 99W I don't know of? Not a bad collection at all however for a GeoSatPro 1.2M dish that everyone kept telling me wouldn't work at all for C-Band. :)

Radio:

Channel 1: Angel 1 Left Channel, Angel 2 Right channel, comes in strong and clear.

Channel 2: Angel 3 Left Channel, Angel 4 Right Channel, comes in strong and clear.

Channel 3: Angel 5 Left Channel, Angel 6 Right Channel, comes in strong and clear.

Channel 4: Angel 6 Palau FM Stereo, comes in strong and clear.

Channel 5: Future 2 (No Audio)

Channel 6: Pulse FM Stereo, comes in strong and clear.

Channel 7: Angel 1 Left Channel, Angel 2 Right Channel, comes in strong and clear.

Channel 8: Angel 3 Left Channel, Angel 4 Right Channel, comes in strong and clear.

Channel 9: Angel 4 Left Channel, Angel 5 Right Channel, comes in strong and clear.

Channel 10: Angel 6 Palau FM, comes in strong and clear.

Channel 11: Future 2 (No Audio)

Channel 12: Pulse FM Stereo, comes in strong and clear.

Channel 13: Future 3, (No Audio)

Channel 14: Future 3, (No Audio)

Channel 15: Q-Tones, comes in strong and clear.

I can always go back to the Sathint site to manually put in channels the receiver might have missed in the blind scan. I will try to let you know what other channels I can get from the Galaxy 16 C-Band Sat. I haven't noticed any bleed over from the other satellites yet that I know of. Hope this helps. :)

Last edited:
@danristheman: Dan as of today at this moment, it is a little breezy with high clouds which affects the satellite signals easily for me. At this moment, KRBK FOX shows 88% Signal Intensity and 39-65% fluctuating Signal Quality which has not affected the picture or audio at all that I can tell.

KRBK MeTV shows 88% Signal Intensity and 35-60% fluctuating Signal Quality which again has not affected the picture or audio at all that I can see. Comes in clear and strong in my opinion. :) It might come in stronger in the Signal Quality on a clear windless day blowing the trees around out back of the house.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts