Camping Satellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.

zelhusker

Original poster
Jan 26, 2007
I have a triple-feed multi-Satellite LNB, Built-in Multi-Switch w/4 outputs, compatible with Directv, Phase III 18" X 20" Dish antenna, Model no. AU2-F1 that I got from someone off Freecycle(a giveaway site). There's two male cable connectors coming from it. How do I connect it to my completely legal receiver when i go camping. We have a round one with just one LNB but that one doesn't get our local stations and for that matter I don't think it would get the locals ones where we camp. Gotta have the sports.

So, do i connect our receiver to just one of the cable connectors or do I need a splitter?

Thanks,
Zelhusker

Hook just 1 of the cables up from the Phase III dish and you will get your channels from the satellites located at 101, 110, 119. As for your local channels they are broadcast using a spot beam. Once you move outside of your spotbeam coverage area you can not pick them up. Your other channels (non local) are broadcast all over the entire US market.
I hope this helps.

John

Thank you, I had no idea. I got it from a freecycle site and to my surprise they gave me the receiver too. I know that they may come with unpaid bills. I don't even want it.

Oh so I won't be able to get the locals from my area when we go camping but when I put in the zip code in the area that we are camping we will get their local channels?

Oh so I won't be able to get the locals from my area when we go camping but when I put in the zip code in the area that we are camping we will get their local channels?

No, your locals are based on what "service address" you give to DTV. Anything outside of that area you will not get at all.

John

It sounds like your locals are coming from the 119 satellite. The size of the spot beam may vary depending on where you are located.
You won't get other locals in the area you are camping unless you call Directv and have them turned on.
From what I've read on the RV forums, if it was me, I'd take the receiver from home with me when I was camping and use it with the 3 LNB dish and just pick up from the 101 satellite. I wouldn't bother to tell Directv what you are doing.
But, if you want networks, you can ask for an RV 'waiver' and you'll be able to get the network stations from LA and New York. They'd require a copy of the Rv's registration.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts