Camping with Direct TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

viper_fte

Original poster
Oct 19, 2009
georgia
I am new to this forum and a beginner in satellite knowledge. Currently I subscribe to a 4 receiver package for home use. Would like to know if i can just unplug my spare bedroom receiver and take it camping? Intend to buy a portable dish and tripod to use with the receiver.

If so, how? Is there anything special i need to do? Do I have to purchase a Direct TV dish or can it be a generic one?

thanks.. Viper_fte

most likely you wont get the locals you are camping if you are way beyond your home spotbeam.

u can if you got a tripod for the SL3 and the moisture doesnt screw up your reciever over night.

easier to just get a satgo

Quite expensive for the Sat Go though.

Viper,
If your camping it the same general area you will get your locals, most spot beams go around 50-100 miles, some more just depends, if you don't get your try throwing a pair of rabbit ears on the TV.

you can find deals on them. I picked one up that was 350 on fleabay. and satgos are owned equpment always...

Wow, thats pretty good .....
Is that the going rate for used units ?
How do you know if they work till you get it, I'd hate tyo buy one then find out it doesn't ..... with a dish, at least I can fine tune it myself and can visually SEE if it's damaged in any way. :)

Hey Stone,
Sorry, I was thinking of something different, I thought the SatGo was the Cube device that picks up the sat signal for you.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts