Can a 625 be added to an account like a 510..etc or is it like a 522?

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
Can a person just purchase a 625 with no balance owed, let's say EBay, and call to have it activated? Or is it like the 522, where it takes some difficulty to have it added?

Thanks!!

It can be simple to add just make sure that it is not a previously leased unit. Get the R00 from the seller and call Dish to make sure it's clear.

everything with dish is not simple
be prepared to spend oodles of time on phone with executive offices
if you do by on ebay make sure you buy new 522 or 625, dont buy previously activated equipment as maost 522 or 625 are leases if you buy a leased 522 or 625 you're defintely sol
good luck

*sigh*

Please don't put too much into what stone phillips has to say, he's about as anti dish as you can get on these boards. Sometimes there are hassles but most of the time there are not hassles in adding the receiver to the account. Just make sure that it is not a previously leased receiver and you'll be fine. When you call to activate simply tell them you're activating a new receiver (don't even bother with the model) and give them the receiver information. i would also recommend calling tech to add the receiver since folks seem to have the least issues with them.

nsafreak said:
*sigh*

Please don't put too much into what stone phillips has to say, he's about as anti dish as you can get on these boards. Sometimes there are hassles but most of the time there are not hassles in adding the receiver to the account.
I wouldnt say im anti dish, but they just keep screwing their loyal and new customers every chance they get and i wont stand for that.
customer serivce with dish does not exist!
with dish a simple request will turn into a nightmare everytime

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)