Can a 921 support all four sats - 119, 110, 61.5 and 148?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kt

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2003
Can anyone confirm if the 921 can support the SW21-4SAT switch configration to see the 119, 110, 148 and 61.5 satellites? And if there are any issues with doing this on a 921?

This would be using two outputs of a SW64 switch. Each SW64 output would be cascaded to a SW21 switch to see all 4 sats. I would be interested in getting both CBS-HD East and CBS-HD West, along with all the other channels on 119/110 using this configuration.

Thanks in advance.

Im not sure...

Mine is not working with my SuperDISH, it always tells me that it cant lock in the SuperDISH welcome channel at 105 (Transponder 7)

Thanks for the infomation. I guess I will pickup a legacy quad, and a couple more SW21s to be on the safe side. This way I can have the 921 get the CBSHD-East feed from 61.5, and a CBSHD-West (SF) feed OTA. And I do not loose the minor SF locals from 148 on my other two receivers as well.

kt said:
Can anyone confirm if the 921 can support the SW21-4SAT switch configration to see the 119, 110, 148 and 61.5 satellites? And if there are any issues with doing this on a 921?

This would be using two outputs of a SW64 switch. Each SW64 output would be cascaded to a SW21 switch to see all 4 sats. I would be interested in getting both CBS-HD East and CBS-HD West, along with all the other channels on 119/110 using this configuration.

Thanks in advance.

I can confirm that it works. Just make sure your dish type is set to "SUPERDISH" in the point dish screen or it won't pass the switch test and it can damage your SW64 switch. Also make sure that both your SW21 switches (using dish 1 inputs) are connected to the output of TWO, THREE or FOUR on the SW64 switch.

Yes!

Yes, it does work. I have a 921 connected to my DPP44 switch through a DishProPlus Separator (absolutely required as the 921 will not currently work well with a DPP44 if it is being fed from two ports on the DPP44). I have a Dish500 pointed at 110/119, Dish300 pointed at 61.5 and Dish300 pointed at 148. Be advised, though, that this combination is explicitly NOT "supported" by Dish and any issues you may have may not be considered until you drop one of the wing satellites from your switch! Good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts