Can a Dish 1000.2 system be re-aimed for eastern arc?

hokie74

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
I presently have a Dish 1000.2 and a 722 receiver. My local area is Charleston, WV. If I want to receive the HD locals on 77W can my Dish 1000.2 system be pointed to the eastern arc satellites or will I need a second Dish? I am not keen on having another antenna mounted. I think I have good sight lines on the eastern arc from he present location.

I presently have a Dish 1000.2 and a 722 receiver. My local area is Charleston, WV. If I want to receive the HD locals on 77W can my Dish 1000.2 system be pointed to the eastern arc satellites or will I need a second Dish? I am not keen on having another antenna mounted. I think I have good sight lines on the eastern arc from he present location.
The EA requires a special LNB to pick up the 72/77 sats. Check the pdf that is listed in Scott's post in this thread.

The 1000.2 will not work with the Eastern Arc satellites. To stay with just one dish, I had the old dish replaced with a 1000.4.

You'll receive everything that you did off the previous dish plus your local HD's.

Thanks for the answers

It appears my choices are to have a second dish installed or get them to replace my existing 1000.2 with a 1000.4. I will contact DN and see if they will go for the later if I extend my contract.

I thought you could simply replace the LNB with a .4 for the EA conversion. The rest of the dish is physically the same, isn't it? Correct me if I'm wrong.

It can't be re-aimed because the LNB spacing is different.
All 3 EA slots are regular DBS, no special LNB required though the single-piece 3-LNB assembly is unique.
The LNB assembly can't be swapped between a .2 and a .4 because the dishes are different and there's a notch or something on the arm to prevent it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)